Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

When the Game Golf worked it only gave the distance to the front, middle and back of the Green..

I have Ionic, and tried the app "Golf GPS"   Worked No Problems  

Try it what do you have to lose..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What type of Android phone are you using?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a iPhone 7.  The Game Golf would not work . The other golf GPS app is called 

Golf GPS by Pieter Oskam    I believe this guy is a developer and had the same problems with  Game Golf like the rest of us.   So he went out and made his own.   Have had the Ionic since the the beginning which would be Dec 5 2017   At that time 50 apps released  as of now 204 app available, the only problem is when they release a new app it is listed in the "ALL App" category.  Makes it difficult to identify  and find the new ones.    

WHO ever is in charge of the App Gallery should replaced. Its primitive and has not had a update since it first came out.    Inexcusable.    

Best Answer

Thanks, I loaded it and will try it this afternoon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App. 

I wanted to let you know that a new version of the Game Golf app (v1.0.4) is now available in the Fitbit App Gallery! 

If you haven't already done so, I recommend updating Game Golf to the latest version. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I downloaded the new update and now I cannot add or delete courses off my Fitbit. It appears to have broken the function on an iPhone. I have closed the app, shutdown the phone and sync'd several times. The old courses are still on my watch but and the new courses just show on the app but not with the green check. Was working perfectly for me prior to this update!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled the old version and unstalled the new one on my phone. I then logged iin to my Golf account on the phone. I closed the app and forced a synch of my Ionic. I opened the app on my Ionic and then on my phone. Picked courses and loaded them. Worked well for me. Good luck.

Best Answer
Thanks for the email.
I did the same thing last night and it loaded no problem. I haven't had a
chance to try it out at the course yet.
Good luck to you!
Best Answer
I have used it before but had issues when the firmware was updated. It worked well before that. Hoping the same with this new version. Loaded a few new courses.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Golf courses with more than 18 holes still crash the app....so still not fixed.

Best Answer

Perhaps but I believe that the vast majority of golf course are 18 holes or less. Personally I haven't played on a course with more that 18 holes in over 30 years and I play a decent amount. But ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkDee56 wrote:

Perhaps but I believe that the vast majority of golf course are 18 holes or less. Personally I haven't played on a course with more that 18 holes in over 30 years and I play a decent amount. But ok.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. The course I play and many in NYS have 27 holes, more importantly, they are loadable on the Ionic. Once loaded, however, and one attempts to use them they crash the app. That's the subject of the thread, the crashing app.

Whether you've played a course in 30 years or not or what the normal number of holes is is irrelevant, since the developer includes courses with 27 holes.

Best Answer
Of course my comments are relevant. If the app meets the needs of 99% of users, I think it is a success. And please tell how many 27 hole courses vs 18 hole courses you personally have played in the last 12 months. I have only played 18 hole courses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Asyd wrote:

Golf courses with more than 18 holes still crash the app....so still not fixed.

here here.... im exactly the same --- my local courses which are 36 holes crash the app immediately. 18 hole course works fine but no good to me. If the other golf app (made by an independent developer) available on fitbit works fine for these  18+ courses then why cant fitbit and GameGolf get this right after all this time?

Best Answer
You play a golf course with 36 holes? I have never heard of a course with 36 holes. What is its name?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GPCasey @MarkDee56 I'm really glad to read that the Game Golf App is loading courses properly for you!

@Asyd @Dkelly210 Thanks for your reports regarding the courses that are more than 18 holes crashing the app. I will check on this and get back to you as soon as I get some information. 

@GolfIggy Are the courses you trying to load more than 18 holes? Also, check if you all of these requirements are met when using the app.

Keen to hear if this is happening to other users when trying the load courses that have more than 18 holes? 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So because you've only played 18-hole courses and because they are rare, it invalidates the need of those who do? I mean the developer includes the courses for download, so it's not like we're asking for something that's not available. If they are included as downloadable it's not an unreasonable expectation to expect that they work and not crash the app. Neither of those expectations depends on the fact that a.) you haven't played on more than an 18-hole  in 30 years and b.) what most course you've seen happen to be.

My home course is 27 holes, and I played it yesterday -- is that recent enough? And here's another one in my area, 45-minute drive that I also frequent and oh and just one more for good measure.

@MarkDee56 wrote:
Of course my comments are relevant. If the app meets the needs of 99% of users, I think it is a success. And please tell how many 27 hole courses vs 18 hole courses you personally have played in the last 12 months. I have only played 18 hole courses.

Best Answer

@Asyd Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

Our team has received the feedback from everyone in this thread and is working to investigate these reports further. I will share updates from the team when I hear them.

Thanks to everyone for your reports and understanding. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @SantiR 

Any updates on this? Game golf support team have also referred me back to dealing with Fitbit on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dkelly210 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread.

No updates yet. I will share them once I get any. In the meantime, you can use the courses that are loading properly to your watch. 

If you happen to experience any other kind of trouble please let me know.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes