Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

I've just downloaded the app to my Iconic and heading out for an afternoon session.  Wish me luck.  Next stop Torrey Pines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck fellow lefty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem app shuts down on ionic almost every hole. Have to keep restarting the app on my ionic. Pain in the butt. Just going to go back to my laser range finder.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have figured out that if I get the course loaded successfully with the green circle and check then I have no problems. It can be tricky to load the courses though and occasionally takes refreshing the app on my phone while having the golf app open on my watch. I have not had any issues with the app since figuring this out. 

I would like GameGolf to add a feature where it turns off notifications while running the app on your watch. A step goal vibrating on your wrist while trying to put or hit your shot can be a bit distracting.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes but what about the bright sun and inability to control the screen?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf GPS App. Thanks for sharing your experiences here and your feedback too.

If you are experiencing any kind of issue with this app the best thing for you to do is to uninstall it. Once you remove the app from your watch you will need to install it again. Once in your watch again, it should work properly.

If you keep experiencing issues after doing that please contact customer support for further assistance. If you need help with that let me know and I can contact them in your behalf.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue's as above. The install goes fine for both fitbit and the golf game app and have logged in and our of both multiple times and no matter what course I pick same issue. As soon as I click "send to tracker" the phone will start building the course within 12 seconds it will go back to the main screen asking for courses to be added. Doesn't change my purchase of the watch but dissapointing this app doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
App still doesn’t work. Bigger issue is not being able to adjust brightness on watch in the sun. Doesn’t matter if the app works if you can’t see the display on the course.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a way to get courses on my fitbit Ionic but it is dissapointing I can't do it via my Galaxy S6. I have an apple Ipod and I was able to download the app and courses via my ipod bit very dissapoonting this was my only alternative. The app hasn't had an update in almost 2 months with these issue's being known.

Best Answer
I am very close to switching to Apple Watch or Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vsahpr Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread, I'm glad to hear you were able to load those courses. I will send your feedback regarding the Galaxy S6 to our team.

@SDLefty I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your feedback. Please check that you have a solid Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection. Is your Ionic syncing when using the Game Golf App?

It is possible to adjust screen brightness on Ionic. On your settings you can choose "auto" (as opposed to "dim", "normal", or "max") which adjusts screen brightness based on ambient lightning conditions. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Santi -

For several months now and at least 2 or 3 Fitbit updates, I have been unable to get GameGolf to work with my Ionic and Samsung Galaxy S7. I've gone through all of the steps, uninstalling the app, logging out of GameGolf, uninstalling the Fitbit app from my phone, hard resets, etc. and have been at the point where I was going to contact customer service and either get them to solve the issue or refund my money for the watch, since I came back to Fitbit after my Garmin Vivoactive HR died (which had a great golf app) specifically because it was announced it would have GameGolf. Long story short, after the last update, the best I've been able to do is send a course (I've tried several different ones) to my Ionic and had the Ionic GameGolf app show that it was building 0/1 courses, but that screen only lasts for a second or two and then disappears, going back to the GameGolf app screen that says go to the fitbit app to load courses. Never works, no matter how long I let it set (2 hours has been the most). Both watch and phone have been connected to the same networks (I've tried both work and home) and have no connectivity issues. So, I have been at the end of my rope ...

However, before giving up, I saw another thread where people with the same problem were saying that they were able to get it to work by using their wife's/husband's/friend's or their own Apple device. I'm an Android person, but have an iPad for work that I never use. Loaded Fitbit on the iPad, reinstalled the GameGolf app, synced, and then tried to load a course and ... IT WORKED! So, it isn't my phone, it isn't my Ionic, it is the FitBit or GameGolf app/interface with Android, or at least Samsung and possibly other vendors' implementation of Android. This is something of which Fitbit clearly has notice, as it is all over your boards, and is something that I hope will be taken care of ASAP, as I don't intend to continue using this iPad to sync courses to my watch on a long term basis. Please let me know that Devs are working on this issue!

Best Answer

@pdxpinduck Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of that very useful information.

I'm very glad that you got it working with an iPad. Great report, I will send this to our team to investigate further. Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too.

Yes, our team is aware of this and working on a solution. Please stay tuned to the different threads for updates on this. 

Thanks again for your report and for your understanding. Will keep you posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an Ionic for fathers day and have been trying ever since to get it to load courses for game golf.

I have a pixel 2 and still no luck yet. Just the same error described by others.

My last day to return my watch is 7/5 and I still don't see a fix so i guess it's going back. It's a shame as I love it otherwise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try syncing your ionic with another device.  I had the same issue but it was with a Galaxy S8.  I then tried connecting to an ipad and it worked the first time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
I don't own anything made by Apple! If I did I would have bought an Apple
watch.
Best Answer

The fact that this seems to be the only workaround months after the app released (very late) it's ridiculous! Fix it for Android!

Best Answer

@GPCasey Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the Game Golf app. I'm glad to hear you got this as a father's day present! 

I was checking the list of supported devices and the Pixel 2 is not showing. This is the main reason why it is not working properly. If possible, try using any supported device. 

@Schoen0000 Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. Is is still not working with the Galaxy S8? 

You can try using that mobile device again and make sure it is syncing. In order for the Game Golf app to upload courses and work properly; Ionic must be syncing correctly and mus have a solid connection. You could try these steps if it fails to work. 

@pdxpinduck I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you already tried all troubleshooting steps (uninstall - reinstall the app and the steps I just left above) with no luck; please stay tuned for updated on this. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried it with my Original Pixel and my Moto droid 2 also. And it
does the same thing.
You keep saying that it works with Android but where's the list of units it
actually works with? That aren't Apple.
Best Answer

I've tried every step that has been detailed in various threads on this site, including uninstalling the Game Golf app and the Fitbit app. Nothing works with the Samsung Galaxy S7. It would be nice if this got fixed. It's been nearly 6 months since the app was released...

Best Answer