Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Try sending one at a time. Go through the whole process for one, then again for the second course. That is what I did and had no issues.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, played another 9 holes but suffered one Ionic reset on by the second hole but the  app stayed running the rest of the holes after I started it up again. So seems better but maybe I just got  "lucky", One reset in last 18 holes with phone powered off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, today I updated the firmware on y Ionic - release 27.32.10.15 - and this took about three hours due to bluetooth connection.

I can not connect my fitbit via wifi, and for the life of me I don't know why - I've spoken to support, and they claim it has to due with router frequency - the ionic will only connect to 2.4 GHZ networks - but my network is WPA and WPA2 compatible.

So, I got the latest firmware update. I loaded Game Golf (after deleting it yesterday). It loaded fine - I see it as an app on my ionic.I have the app open on the ionic - the device screen says, "Log in Go to your Game Golf app settings in the fitbit app to log into your account," which I did.

When I go to load my usual golf course (it is available), it will not sync to the ionic device. Phone screen on the phone says "Your golf courses are beeing sent. This may take up to five minute". That's not a typo - "beeing sent"

Any thoughts out there??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have mentioned that I am attempting to load one golf course, and it has been over twenty minutes -- phone screen reads as mentioned above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When sending course to the ionic device, does the device screen change? does the phone screen change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it should. However you need to open the Game Golf app on your watch. It's not clear that you need to do this from the wording but once you open the app on your watch the warning message will disappear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the record yes I have the game golf app open on my ionic device the screen reads login to the game golf app as explained above.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have downloaded the Golf app.. but it does not work.it is available under my apps... created username and password but it will not enter. Noticed that there was no dropdown during registration at choosing birth date...

Please assist .. i want to use the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit versa and installed the golf gps app and have not been able to get it to work for me yet. I waited and let the GPS Signal but underneath that it says Phone not connected. When I try to receive courses it tells me that GPS/phone unavailable. That is basically where I am stuck. It won’t connect to my phone, which is also connected to the versa already? So, how do I connect my phone to the app for this to work?

Best Answer

I have used a fitbit tracker for years now. Love them!

I also use a skycaddy watch for golf. It's a subscription deal,  the watch is getting old and the battery life is failing. I had a brain storm that i might buy an ionic and with the golf app replace both my skycaddy and my aging charge 2. After reading this string I have decided this is not going to work. I guess we can see why fitbit stock went from $30+ to $5 a share. Big on ideas, short on follow through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
True that, very upset with my ionic. Golf app barely works, heartbeat sensor is really inaccurate, so is the step total. Very upset.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I have had no problems with my Ionic and love it. I have used it for 5 mos walking, treadmill, stationary bike, workouts, playing golf many times and used it at The Players to determine pros distance to green, as a spectator. NO ISSUES! I am not a Fitbit rep or emp. Just a guy that has an Ionic. As I read all these messages, there is usually a user error that is causing a problem. Examples: 1) not being patient- yes, it is slower to set up that today’s fast laptops. 2) not activating location and other settings - just follow the directions and don’t cut corners 3) Take one step at a time. I loaded one course at a time and it worked fine- again be patient. 4) WiFi works better and faster than Bluetooth, so get near your router and use WiFi to load your courses! 5) Remember, the free deal is front, back and center (which has been deadly accurate when checked with my Bushnell range finder). The other optional features cost money and we are lucky to have those options at all!
Thank you Fitbit for making a great workout watch with useful options.
Doug
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by "optional" features? There don't appear to be any pay to access features.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to go to the Game Golf website for the optional devices you can buy and install on each club, etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The game golf app in no way interacts with game golfs other products (which I have & use).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, there are better ways to go for golfers. I attempted one more time
on Monday to get this thing to work but neither of the golf apps available
lasted more than 2 holes before getting too confused to function. It’s
really ashame that it was advertised/mentioned as a range finder for golf.
The developer of one of the apps contacted me to tell me that he was
working on correcting some things but, I am not convinced it will work any
better. Fitbits are clearly fitness estimators at this point and not golf
range finders, and probably never will be.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I am getting confused here between who is talking about Game Golf and who is talking about Golf GPS. They are two completely different entities. I have Game Golf and it seems to work pretty well for me but I have sadly never managed to get Golf GPS to work. Can we be clearer as to which app we are talking about please. Ta. A

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Base Runner,
I am referring to both in my posts. I have tried each one and each have
glitches...on my Fitbit Ionic. I am on the course a lot right now and when
I attempt to use Game Golf and it kicks me out after two or three holes.
When it fails, I try Golf GPS and it runs fine for me 6 holes or so, then
it gets lost and starts showing yardages in the thousands like 1134. I
have never been able to complete a round using either app. I do know that
their developers are working to make them communicate better with the
Fitbit and that Fitbit is working on communication glitches on their end to
help them. That being said, we may find soon that these apps may begin
functioning better sooner rather than later. Finger crossed, I’ll keep
trying.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get either to work now.  At one point Game golf worked well once I was able to load a couple courses.  But after trying to load another course, it broke and I have never been able to get it to work since.  It just won't sync, even after totally removing the app and reinstalling several time.  So I tried the Gold GPS app.  I have never gotten this to work.  It either can't find the phone, or if it does, it gets stuck in locating courses.  So I have never been able to actually use it on the course.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not see the golf app in the app gallery. Any updates on when it might be available? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes