Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

This app doesn’t work. No matter if I try to load at home or on the coarse it never loads the yardage’s. Is there a way to fix this

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did u do to get the yardage’s. They never pop up for me weather on WiFi or not

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I find the distances to the bunkers? Not just the green?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you need to add them manually from the course information via the game golf website.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rioron,

I have had good luck with Game Golf.  Once I figured out how to load the courses and sync them to my Ionic, I haven't had any problems at all.  Yardages look good compared to my Bushnell and course markings.

Since I play a lot of different courses, I thought I would give Golf GPS a try since it finds the courses automatically.  I had both apps installed at the same time and that was a disaster.  Neither app would work.  I think they were fighting over the same resources Bluetooth, GPS, etc.

So I uninstalled Game Golf, loaded Golf GPS and went to a local nearby course and just rode around on my golf cart seeing how it would work.  It took awhile for the app to find the GPS satellites and to talk to my phone with Bluetooth but everything worked and the yardages looked good.  Next time I went to play golf, Golf GPS wouldn't work because I didn't have my cell phone with me.  Didn't know you have to have it.  I had uninstalled Game Golf so I had a bad technology day.  The next time I tried to use Golf GPS I took my phone, got everything up and running things were looking great, then my Ionic died.  I left the house with a 50 - 60% charge on the Ionic which would have been fine for Game Golf, but Golf GPS uses much more battery.  I think you have to have your phone in your pocket because when I left my phone in the cart and it couldn't communicate with my Ionic via Bluetooth when I was up on the green, the app would close and I would have to reload the course.  But Golf GPS was working great until my Ionic ran out of battery.

So, for now, I'm going to stick with Game Golf.  I can get two rounds in with one charge.  Golf GPS doesn't track steps yet so I had to wear my Charge 2 as well as my Ionic plus have my phone in my pocket.

Both are good apps once you know how to operate them.  I think Game Golf is simpler and uses less resources while Golf GPS will have more features once the bugs are worked out of the beta versions.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Blasko,
Thanks for the information. Makes sense with both loaded they may compete
for resources. I just have had no luck with either having not been able to
complete even one round of golf with either one. I got so frustrated that
I removed both from my Ionic and decided never to try again cause it seemed
useless. Think I will reload Game Golf, if I can, and try it again
tomorrow following your recommendation. I'll report in tomorrow afternoon
and let you know how it goes.
RioRon

Life is precious, enjoy every minute with your family and friends!

Rio Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish it worked for me but as recently as today I still suffer from the reset to clock face issue, need to enter PIN and restart the Game Golf app. Happen every few holes, or even the same hole sometimes. I don't have the other golf app loaded and have tried everything to fix this, including a factory reset. I have no idea why it works for some but not others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple weeks ago I had difficulty updating my ionic device to release 27.32.10.15. Not sure why, but my Game Golf wouldn't load - I couldn't load courses - I couldn't connect to my house wi-fi.

I took matters into my own hands. I deleted Game Golf. I deleted Fitbit from my phone. I did a factory re-set on the device, and downloaded the Fitbit app all over again. I started from scratch.

I re-loaded fitbit; That went well, I am now connected to house wi-fi. I re-loaded game golf. I was able to load local golf courses, and I went golfing - twice - using the game golf app.

My experience has been very frustrating.

After starting the game golf app, and letting it set up, it goes to sleep, and I have to wake it up. Half way thru EACH hole - I have to wake it up.

I spend so much time getting the app awake, and to recognize where I am on the hole (after advancing the app to my current hole) that I am taking too much time to advance the game, not just for myself, but for the group I'm playing with.

I give up. I bought the Ionic device for Game Golf, primarily, during the last holiday/new years sales. I waited before loading Game Golf, so all ya'all would work out the bugs, eh. Sorry, but my patience, and my golf mates patience has worn thin - I'm giving up on this app for golf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should add when "waking the app up" I mean, the Ionic is on the clock face; I have to scroll thru to the game golf app; select the app; select the course; confirm I want to 'go to' that course etc&soforth . . . uh, rather time consuming eh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Recovery,
You are the first person to acknowledge, as I have in the past, the
problems with these golf apps. Others say it works great, no problems,
etc., and I wonder what the heck is going on with me and my Ionic. I am
wondering now if it isn’t my Ionic that is the problem. I purchased my
Ionic just ahead of the large update that they rolled out just after the
new Versa was released. It took me phone calls and hours to get the first
update to load into my Ionic. (Supposed to make it more like the Versa
cause people complained because the Versa was released when folks like me
had just bought the Ionic). Then comes along the second update and same
thing, hours to get the upload to take setting and resetting and yes
another phone call and hour with Fitbit support. I got notified about the
newest update a day or so ago and it took me 2 days to get the update to
load. I have more wanted time in this small piece of technology than any
other tech device in my home or office. Someone with little tech
experience would be get so frustrated the Ionic would end up in a drawer
somewhere. I can tell honestly state that I would never recommend it to
anyone. I had purchased a Versa for my wife for Mother’s Day and ended up
returning it and never presenting it to her because of my Ionic problems.
Even the regular Fitbit Ionic apps like the exercise one for golf doesn’t
even work correctly now. I tried the Golf exercise app and it worked fine
for awhile but now it to cuts out and quits sometime during my round. Too
frustrating to continue!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf GPS App. Thanks for sharing your experiences here and your feedback too.

If you are experiencing any kind of issue with this app the best thing for you to do is to uninstall it. Once you remove the app from your watch you will need to install it again. Once in your watch again, it should work properly.

If you keep experiencing issues after doing that please contact customer support for further assistance. If you need help with that let me know and I can contact them in your behalf.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer service since I can't get the Game Golf app to send courses to my Ionic.  It always says "Before sending to tracker... Sync your watch and open the Ionic app."  My watch is synced and it still won't send the courses.

Customer service basically told me they can't do anything and to contact the 3rd party since it isn't a verified app.  The Game Golf app tells me to come here for customer service.  So now I am in a never ending loop?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure the game golf app is open on your watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is open on my watch.  It starts to build for about 2 seconds then stops and I get the same msg on my Fitbit app to sync before sending.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue. I ended up deleting the app from my phone; deleting
the Fitbit app from my phone; factory reset on my ionic device, and
starting from scratch. Be sure that your Fitbit is connected to your Wi-Fi
which mine was not for whatever reason it still baffles me that it could
not connect to my Wi-Fi originally. It may have had something to do with a
software update that didn't go all that well; so like I said, I just
started from scratch. I can load golf courses, but during the round of
golf, the application goes to sleep. I have to wake it up. Still somewhat
frustrating but deleting the app again starting over may help as suggested
earlier in this thread - I will know later this week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same "sleep" issue where I get kicked out of the app to my watch face midway through each hole. I have tried to change a lot of settings/variables to no avail yet. One user mentioned having both Game Golf and Golf GPS apps installed on the watch at the same time started causing his/her watch to have the same "sleep" issue so I will delete Golf GPS for now to test this weekend to see if it fixes this reported issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never installed Golf GPS and have had this reset (sleep) issue since I installed the app a couple months ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That happened to me, but, when I then hit cancel, the course loaded up- there were 2 arrows in a circle indicating it was downloading. A few seconds after, it was all loaded.
It does need a very strong WiFi signal to work. I actually come upstairs and stand beside the router so there is no interrupted signal. I just did that for an upgrade today.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doug,

Yes, sometimes when the courses are on your cell phone but you don’t have a send to tracker prompt, hit cancel, then hit upload to tracker.

Not very intuitive sometimes.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes