Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Just played my first round with the app here is Australia, works great, does what it has to do.......

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just played 18 holes in Johannesburg South Africa.
The app measurements front center and back are not right.
I always had to take the front reading for the center...
also it didn’t take my average heart rate. Got an n/a as heart rate reading.
For the time it took to launch the app the outcome is quite disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would not worry about it…. the app sucks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did have any options for plugging in what club you hit after your shots.. Also did you have to punch in what direction your tee shot went and your score after each hole.. and lastly did it ask for number of putts after each hole.....i love the stats side of golf which is why I'm thinking I'll still have to use my Garmin S20

Best Answer
0 Votes
stick with the garmin

the game golf app does not even locate the course for you are move from hole to hole…… wasted a lot of time waiting for this app
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's terrible.  Beautiful display and all the potential in the world to make this the ultimate versatile watch and they do that.  For sale.  Fitbit Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does nothing more than telling the distance to the hole. It doesn’t even sync with the game golf app. No stats, no shots nothing.
It’s just rubbish. I will also inform game golf that they didn’t do themselves a favor, reflects poorly on their company as well.
Gave Fitbit a chance, but put the watch on the market now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can buy a no name brand for 50 bucks that does the same thing.  Like I said all the potential and yet they come out with this.  I guaranteed a paid app will come out soon to handcuff us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anybody tell me what the red circle with the cross through it means? Game Golf say the course is on their database and my other two courses downloaded ok. 

IMG_2452.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

..... and whilst we are on the subject, how annoying is it to have a warning triangle with "Before sending to tracker...Sync your watch and open the Ionic..."  when you can't see what's beyond "Ionic .....! Am I just being a bit thick here (it wouldn't be the first time) and missing something simple?

Best Answer

There now is a second Golf GPS app for the fitbit Ionic. It is under review by fitbit but can be downloaded here: https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/2e5c7453-f621-4dd2-80bb-d6ef59cdec5e (open link from your mobile device).

Check on fitbitgolf.com if your course is listed. I have basic info of golf courses but you can add bunkers and water hazards yourself.

I've made the Golf GPS app for pebble and now ported its basic functionalities to Fitbit. I started developing this app last october but I had so many stroggles with fitbit that a quit developing. I lost hope that Game Golf app was comming soon while my golf season started today. So I made this app in 2 days finishing yesterday. Today i Succesfully played a round of golf.

For now I will continue developing in my spare houres.The app is open source (https://github.com/pieteroskam/Fitbit-Golf-GPS) So anyone can contribute.

Current Roadmap for development is:

Current release 0.1 BETA

The app currently provides distance to front, center and back of green. Also Bunkers, water and doglegs are supported and can be added to your course on fitbit.com

Comming release
Visual improvements

Change unit (non-metric)
Auto hole advance
Club suggestions
Shot distance tracking

Features which are under consideration:
Heart rate/step info
maps and more visual distance
scorecard.
wheater info (wind & effects)

Best Answer

I'll give it a shot.  You're quite clever

Does anyone know if the Versa golf app is leaps and bounds better then the ones now for ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continious participation on this thread regarding the recent released Game Golf App.

Thanks you all for sharing your feedback about the functionality of the Game Golf App. I'm glad to hear that some of you are enjoying it after a long time of waiting.

Now, for the ones that are experiencing any kind of trouble with this app; the best thing will be to contact the developer of the app to provide feedback and ask any questions in regards to its functionality. To give the feedback directly to the third-party developer, open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll down and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’. 

This is the best way to find out more about this app. If anyone does this, please let me know what they say!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Versa is the same OS as the Ionic so i would suspect that if the golf app was available for the Versa it would be the same.

I say if it was available because I don’t believe the Versa has GPS so I can’t see it having a golf app..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The versa will use GPS from the phone. So you cannot leave your phone in
your cart.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mate that is outstanding!!!! Well done and looking for to trying it out 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi,

As of 1300 26 Mar 2018, I cannot see the Game Golf app in "all apps" or in any of the sub headings. I live in the United States on the east coast. Any suggestions?  TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try looking under the Heading Lifestyle  

Best Answer
Found it under Lifestyle! Thanks! ....I swear I had carefully looked under
each heading including "lifestyle" having read your earlier text. Anyhoo,
thanks again, installing now. Happy swings, All....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine goes to this screen but I cannot get the courses to sync, anyone have any tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes