Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Hi. Just curious if there is an updated timeframe for this app. I am looking to purchase a new smartwatch soon but it would have to be golf able/compatible. Thanks for any update you can provide.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scpackfanwrote:
Just in case. I have a medium/long delay where it says no gps. But once
it kicks in, it works. How long have you waited while it says 'no gps)?

Thanks we're good here. I went outside and exhibited a little patience (for once) and the GPS did connect after a minute or so. Thanks for everybody's help, I probably actually wouldn't have never simply tried being more patient as a possible solution. Lesson learned. Thanks.

Best Answer

This is great news.  One side question however.  Can you tell me why certain courses will not move over?  I selected a certain course which was on the course list and while moving it over, the status becomes pink with a line through it and it isn't moved.  Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I have a similar problem and I have been in touch with Game Golf and they say that they recognise that there is a problem with certain courses and are working on it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I've spoke to the developer and they have assured me it a problem with the device and fitbit will be bringing out an update soon?!

hmmmm

Carl 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The game golf app appears to be giving distances to pin in yards despite meters being selected in settings. Is this a known glitch.

Note: When i use the golf gps app the distances seem reasonably accurate (thanks Pietero).

Best Answer

Check your Fitbit app. There is a update waiting for Game Golf for the Ionic...

And there are 139 apps now available (Total) for the Ionic.  

Not counting the Clock faces.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I played my second round of golf using the Ionic Golf Game app, if you look back my first round went rather well. This time the Ionic must have reset about 10 or more times, I have to re-enter the 4 digit security code and restart the app. That's a pain in the **ahem** when I'm trying to golf. Very disappointed.

I see the update for the the app, I'll try again with the updated app in hopes there is some stability fixes in there, I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone else has this issue let me know (has the snow melted?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even more problems with the update?! I can't even transfer courses to my ionic now. I log in. select a course. click send to ionic and the screen goes white.... and nothing.... 

terrible. the ionic is going the journey. I have had enough now. 

Carl

Best Answer

An update! Great, I love updates, hours and hours of fun (!) usually follow updates. Anybody know what benefits will cascade my way by downloading this update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schoofs Thanks for your feedback.

The user-settings api responds very slow, but it does work at my side.

if(units.distance=="us") return Math.round(d * 1.0936133);//yards
else return Math.round(d);

Fitbit reviewed Golf GPS app the app so it is available in the public app store under Health and Fitness. https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/2e5c7453-f621-4dd2-80bb-d6ef59cdec5e

Next release will be done tommorow and include.

non-metric units will be supported

Loading spinners when the app is processing on the background.

Order of objects in holes is now reversed (thanks for feedback). On a hole, the green is at the top and the bunkers and water below. 

I'm also working on Versa support. Versa does not have a GPS an relies on the phone GPS. Are there any Versa owners here who want to test the Golf GPS app?

Best Answer

Request.  Will the people from down south  Work out all the bugs in the Game Golf app 

so us northerners will be ready to use it when the weather breaks up here.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed on the Fitbit app on my iPhone 7   There is. Another  golf GPS APP

Best Answer

Very glad that game golf app is out. The only thing is that I can’t get it to work on courses that have 27 holes. It just crashes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pietero

great effort Pieter. my device is having problems connecting to GPS

Carl

Best Answer
0 Votes

disregard the last message @Pietero connecting fine now. but yardage aren't working and it won't skip to the next hole. 

Carl

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, can anyone confirm that the game golf app is available for Fitbit Versa using the phones GPS?

Best Answer

Game Golf appears to complete install then goes back to "install" . . . never actually installs on my fitbit ionic . . . is anyone else seeing this issue and has anyone come up with a fix?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally managed to download and use the app on my course in the Northeast of the US. Works fine as a range finder. Would be nice if as a future release, or eve paid app, it showed basic Fitbit info such as steps, heart rate and time and time elapsed. Also, need to add automatic change to next hole or whatever hole you move to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes