Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
Hi, I had the same problem which I resolved, purely by chance, by playing around with the permissions that were ticked. I think I either had 2 and 3 and 5 and 6 ticked or unticked! Can’t remember which, sorry.. Accept button then magically appeared. Good luck. A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response, but can't get that to work, strange problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t give up to easily. I’m sorry but I can’t remember the exact sequence of what needed to be ticked and unticked but 2,1,2 springs to mind. From memory I seem to recall that the first 2 were ticked then 1 unticked then the next two ticked or it may have been the other way round! I was so surprised that it worked that I didn’t write down the sequence. It may not work for your problem of course but I tried to get help from both Fitbit and game Golf and they didn’t come up with any answers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only problem I've had with the Game Golf app was when I first installed it I thought you were supposed to log in with your Fitbit username and password.  I uninstalled, reinstalled with a Game Golf username and password and no problems since.  It takes a couple of minutes to find the GPS satellites, and can take a few minutes for the course to show up on the Ionic.

I've used Golflogix for years on my cellphone and used my wife's Garmin on my wrist.  I've also used Bushnell range finders for years.  All are good tools.  What I wanted from the Game Golf app was something I could get to fast.  The people I play with play FAST!  They walk year round and generally run down people riding in carts.  Inside 100 yards I use three wedges from various distances using different backswing lengths to get close to the hole.  Using the Bushnell inside 100 yards annoys some folks as does fetching a cellphone out of your pocket.  The Game Golf is right there on my wrist and I don't have to wear two watches.

Golflogix has a new green reading feature that mimics the books that the pros are now using.  I was out of town and was playing a course that had that feature available.  Not all courses are mapped.  You have to drag icons to the hole position and your ball position.  Seemed like a perfect way to play a 6 or 7 hour round.  I love gadgets, gonna pass on that one!

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded the app, worked ok, then went to settings and logged into the game golf app. I put my 3 courses in and it was syncing. went to app and only 2 of the 3 courses were in the app on the watch. Went back to settings, and now the screen is just white and wont show up anything. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and still wont work. how can get this to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Log out and back in the FItbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tired that still doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem...the white screen that never goes away.  Was doing fine I thought and then bam white screen, now nothing.  Tried taking the app off Fitbit and phone, resetting the Fitbit everything...hours of frustration.  I went to my computer and logged in with the credentials I set-up in the Fitbit the courses I set-up were listed but nothing to the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to download the course from Versa. I could see five courses are listed. When I download one nearest, it never ends downroad and I gave up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is available, but the course download seems not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah its a pain.. thats my local and I was keen to try it out..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any other ideas on how to get this app to work right? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem. White Screen of Death. Worked for one round and then POOF,
white screen! Tried everything I can think of to fix-it, with no luck. At
best this app is squirrely even when it performs as designed. limited and
rudimentary functionality when compared to other golf GPS apps / devices.
Ionic / Game Golf is the weakest link in this market right now.
Fiddlesticks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

None nada...just gonna remove it and move on,  I play at least 3 times a week and having this would be great.  At this point the Ionic is essentially useless to those who play golf due to the fact that it's too cumbersome to wear a golf watch and this larger Fitbit at the same time.  One's gotta stay home and at this time that one is the Ionic Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The settings white screen work around listed a few weeks ago continues to work for me. If you already have the courses loaded on your watch no reason to  go to Game Golf Settings but if you  do need to change a course or something:

Log out of the FITBIT app on your phone (not the Gamegolf app). 

Log back into the FITBIT app.

Go to the Gamegolf app ( sometimes it takes a minute or two for the settings tab to show up).

Now sign on to the Gamegolf  app with Gamegolf credentials. ( no white screen )

Add your courses

Open the Gamegolf app on the Ionic and then sync the courses to the watch using the sync tab on the Golfgame app ( just as it says in the app).

Courses sync up to the watch. 

I list this as I've had this white screen  issue a few times and it works every time for me as it did for the original poster.

ok, going golfing now using the IONIC as my golf app.

Best Answer

Problem is I can't even get the settings to open after doing all these steps. Can only get it to open  the 1st time. Then it won't sync, and after I do like 100 steps can get it to start all over and work but still not sync. It shouldnt be that hard to do. Should just have to download app and tell it what courses and bam golf. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see it would be a pain to redo all that if something goes wrong like a sync issue which some seem to be having. For me, I have a wifi and bluetooth setup on an Android so when it come time to sync it has always worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also worked flawlessly. I think some folks may not have the settings correct, aren’t doing the steps in the right order or aren’t patient- which ya have to be because it takes a few minutes sometimes to download a few courses and you cannot interrupt a download. I found I had to download each course one at a time/ hit send to tracker for each course.

Doug Sauer

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
Guys also give the second golf app a chance. Tried it out last Saturday and it worked like a dream. Picked the course up automatically, so no pre syncing and gave me spot on distances.
Best Answer

@Bikerdog wrote:

The settings white screen work around listed a few weeks ago continues to work for me. If you already have the courses loaded on your watch no reason to  go to Game Golf Settings but if you  do need to change a course or something:

Log out of the FITBIT app on your phone (not the Gamegolf app). 

Log back into the FITBIT app.

Go to the Gamegolf app ( sometimes it takes a minute or two for the settings tab to show up).

Now sign on to the Gamegolf  app with Gamegolf credentials. ( no white screen )

Add your courses

Open the Gamegolf app on the Ionic and then sync the courses to the watch using the sync tab on the Golfgame app ( just as it says in the app).

Courses sync up to the watch. 

I list this as I've had this white screen  issue a few times and it works every time for me as it did for the original poster.

ok, going golfing now using the IONIC as my golf app.

Thanks! This actually worked for me (I'm syncing a course right now). I think I tried this a few times when you originally posted it, but didn't follow the steps correctly (re: was logging out of the Game Golf app instead of the FitBit app). Anyway, I still have to log out of the fitbit app every time I access it or the next time I attempt to open the GG screen I get the white screen. Meaning if I log out of the fitbit app and open the GG app from the phone I'm good to do whatever I need. But, if I exit and try to get back in I'll receive the white screen, which will require me to logout and back in again to get around the white screen.  At any rate, definitely a step in the right direction granted the course that is currently loading succeeds. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes