Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

I'm in RI - is this available in the northeast?  Also, can you tell me which watches this is available on?  Thinking of preordering the Versa but want to make sure it has the golf gps capability. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omega,

Going to use game golf tomorrow for the first time.  Read your complaint and did some research.

Turn off all day sync and always connected.  iPhones don’t have always connected.

Turn off heart rate monitor.

Load your course and fully charge your Ionic, then turn it off until you’re ready to golf.  Unless you climb a big hill or 5 putt, golf doesn’t get your heart going that much. 😀

Let us know how it goes.

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Omega2Four wrote:

Love the app but man--the battery drain makes it almost unusable. I've played 4 rounds (none even getting close to the Sunday municipal slog of 5h30m) and if my battery is anywhere under 80% then it makes it to hole 16 or so. Is there any way to extend battery life from a programming perspective? Anything I can do on my end? 

Omega,

Going to use game golf tomorrow for the first time.  Read your complaint and did some research.

Turn off all day sync and always connected.  iPhones don’t have always connected.

Turn off heart rate monitor.

Load your course and fully charge your Ionic, then turn it off until you’re ready to golf.  Unless you climb a big hill or 5 putt, golf doesn’t get your heart going that much. 😀

Let us know how it goes.

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Golfgirl2: I think w Versa you have to have your phone nearby. The Ionic has its own gps built in so you don’t need your phone at all.

I haven’t had any issues w my Ionic playing golf. I have used it for several rounds, checked it with my Bushnell rangefinder and it did not inordinately drain my battery. It was very accurate and helpful. I think nearly all the complaints you may read about are from people who do not have the settings correct or didn’t follow the directions to get it set up.
Doug
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get it to work? I created a user, logged on, added 2 courses. It then said to first sync with the ionic, I’m the ionic now says  add courses. Now when I open the app on the phone I only get a blank page. I have to stop Fitbit app to get phone to recover. I tried removing game golf and reinstall, same result. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that when the courses show up on your Ionic, they are ready to use, but you have to be at the course to use them, otherwise you get the blank screen.

Doug Sauer

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I downloaded 1 course, I can't get it to sync any others or remove the one that is there. I have reset the watch and app several times and nothing works.  just stuck saying courses are being sent and might take up to 5 minutes.  30 minutes later ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m trying to upload a course called Port Kembla in Australia but I can’t seem to get it to transfer onto my watch. Any tips to sort this out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the Ionic one week now and I’m pleased with it.  Got it because of the Game Golf app.

Played golf Thursday and Friday.      Turned off all day sync, watch syncs when Fitbit app on phone is booted up.

Thursday started round with 80% battery at 1200 PM, round took 4.5 hrs.  Shutdown Ionic at 1100 PM Ionic had 30% battery left.

Started Friday’s round with 100% battery, played round in 4 hrs, shutdown Ionic at 1200 AM with 48% battery.

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
I finally just uninstalled the app and reinstalled. When I hit send to watch, it did transfer eventually but the phone app never showed it completed.

I went and played 18 and app worked great. It obviously needs a lot of features, but the gps accuracy as spot on. Usually within 2 yards of my laser.

Also, it only used about 40% of battery. Not bad.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just loaded a nearby 27 hole golf course.  Logged out of the app on my phone, which deletes the courses already loaded, then logged back in.  Searched and loaded the three 9s.  Each 9 is treated as a separate 9 on the Ionic.  You must quit the 9 you just played, and load the next 9. Only takes about 20 seconds.

Some 27 hole courses haven’t been added correctly and the Game Golf app crashes.  If that happens, you are supposed to contact the developer.

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just played a 5hr round. Battery went from 94% to 44%. GPS pretty much
spot on.
Happy so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy with the app so far.

However, I would love to be able to tell the time as well without having to leave the app.

Is there a way to see the time or is there a planned upgrade?

Best Answer

Good question.

Doug Sauer

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you preload the course, you need a way to get from the practice tee to the first tee on time.  This is certainly doable with another watch or cellphone.  But, a little digital clock would be nice.

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer

Hey,

im from Germany and i have some Problems to sync a golf range to my Ionic (Muhlenhof Golf & Country Club e.v.). 

I try several times to add the course but the circle in the IOS App of Fitbit is after a short time Red. 

I try other Ranges and they works fine, onlythis one failed. 

But this is the couse i have to play 😄

Can anybody help me?

Thanks. 

vinz

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vinz,

Contact the developer:

you can contact the developer of the app in case you would like to provide some feedback or ask for future additions for the app. To do this, open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer

I agree and hope Fitbit/Game Golf read these posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far this app is not showing promise to me.. Been working hours to try and launch, very buggy it seems.  This is the one thing that will could really sell the Ionic;  a good golf app.  Can't recommend it to any of my golf buddies at this point. Been waiting a long time.  Disappointing to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't allow permission on my I phone. List is so long, install or OK is hidden, what am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes