Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

I deleted the golf app, deleted the Fitbit app and did factory reset on the watch. Reinstalled everything and still can't get a course to sync to my watch.

It starts to build for 2 seconds then stops.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You definately need good WiFi connection for that process.

Stand next to router when doing this, eh.
Best Answer

Yes, worked for me and I have a pretty fast Fios connection- still had to stand next to the router.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Peitro, Why can't we get this Game Golf app to work?  It won't load, if you are fortunate enough to get it to load, it won't stay active on the course, etc.  We would love to support you and this app, but so far it is just a frustration for all of us in the Ionic World.

RioRon

Best Answer
0 Votes

SantiFitbit -

I have taken your advice and removed the game golf gps app, synced the ionic and the smart phone, and re-installed game golf app.

Now, I can not load golf courses - I get the circle arrows with a line thru it, like the course is loading - but this circle arrows with line thru it does not go away.

So - I deleted game golf, re-installed it. Same issue. I am currently trying to load a golf course for the third time, and i see  the same arrow/line icon. I am standing over my home wifi router.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

SantiFitbit -

Again - today - I did a factory re-set on my Ionic - in order to try to get Game Golf GPS to work. This is the second re-set in a week.

Everything went fine, reinstalling latest Ionic software, adding the Game Golf App. However, when attempting to load a golf course, I get a circle of two red arrows with a line through it. I got this before the factory re-set, and also after the factory re-set. I never saw this icon in the golf app before. The course never loads. This is what prompted me to go through yet another factory re-set, and the results are the same - a circle of red arrows with a line through it - as if to say "transmission has stopped".

At lease last week I could load golf courses. After deleting the golf app and doing another factory re-set, re-loading the golf app - I can not load golf courses. I am worse off today than I was last week.

This is very discouraging, and I feel as if I wasted my money on this device - it is past my grace period for returning the device - but that is exactly what I wish I could do.

I'd be interested to hear any comment or observations you may have - thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PJH08, is the Game Golf app open on your watch when you are trying to load courses? People have forgotten to do that in the past when they have had issues loading courses. Outside of that, I do not know why the courses wouldn't load.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me for a short time until I tried to add other courses.  then it complete stopped working.  I have tried uninstalling, logging in and out, and nothing.  Now after re-installing several times, the watch app won't do anything but tell me to go to fitbit phone app and log in to the game golf app. regardless of what I do, it won't progress further.  I think I am finally done with this app until such time as there is a real update to the app and ionic to address these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi RioRon, apologies for interrupting, but are you sure that you are addressing your concerns to the right person. Pietro has an app called Golf GPS and as far as I am aware isn’t involved in GameGolf. Appin
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 1 course that has failed to load but no trouble with any others. I have never had the Game Golf app open on my Ionic when successfully downloading courses. A
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the app is open on my Ionic device.

I have used the golf app twice, both with poor results - app goes to sleep
etc.

I took SantiFitbit's advice, and deleted the app yesterday, then
re-installed it. When courses failed to load - with the Ionic app open - I
did a factory re-set, the second one in a week. Still, courses do not load
- I immediately get the two red arrows that form a circle with a line
throught the circle. I interpret this to mean that the transmission of data
between the internet, my samsung phone, and the fitbit device has ceased.
Is there any other meaning for the arrows/line graphic??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same steps as pjh08 and still can't get any courses to load.

The app on my phone always has "Before sending to tracker... Sync your watch and open the Ionic app."

My watch is synced, the app is open on my watch.  It starts to build the course on my watch then stops.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tell me - do you see the arrow circle with a line thru it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I get the circle with the line through it next to the course I am trying to add.  Then below the "Send to tracker" button, I get an "!" with the error message "Before sending to tracker... sync your watch and open the Ionic app."

I've tried everything people have mentioned in this thread and I can't get any courses to load.  I've tried 5 different courses.  The "!" with the warning message never disappears no matter how often I sync my watch.

I tried calling Fitbit customer service, and they said they couldn't help because it was a 3rd party app.  The app says to come to this website for customer service.  Seems no one is here to actually help solve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The "Before sending to tracker ... " message remains on the screen even
when courses actually do load, if I remember correctly from last week when
I was able to load courses.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Gave up on Fitbit. Get a Golf Buddy ($99). Accurate distance, auto finds
course, simple to use and just works consistently.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread and for trying the steps provided. I will post this in general as there are so many replies.

So, if you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck; customer support is the best option. Please note that customer support should be able to help you out with this app as Fitbit is supporting it. They should be able to send your feedback further. If you have an open case with them, please follow up there.

Also, please make sure you have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth strong connections on your phone and watch. Check if there are no other devices that may be interfering the signal for the app to work properly. You can try resetting both by turning them off, waiting 10 seconds, and turn them back on. Then try to load your courses once again.

Additionally, make sure you are using the Game Golf GPS app as there are multiple golf apps. 

What kind/model of phone are you using when the issues occur?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

WHEN????

Best Answer

I just spent 30 minutes trying to get the app to work. I keep running into "Go to your Game Golf App and login. I have been logged in the whole time. I log out and login from the app. From there the watch still sends me to a screen to login on my phone app. I'm totally stuck. Has this app actually worked for anyone as of June 17, 2018?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My game golf gps app worked ok until the last update of fitbit app. How have same problem of not uploading courses.

Best Answer