Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hue app, unable to change scenes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was so excited to get the Hue app on the Ionic. So far I can turn lights on and off. No luck with changing to different light effects though. Ionic just buzzes. Anyone else had any success?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

If you swipe right you can access your scenes that are set.in the hue app. It is a bit clunky on the watch, but it works. Not sure I'd ever use it instead of my phone or dimmer switches. 

Best Answer

As I said, I can only turn lights on/off. I cannot change the colours. It just buzzes but won't select any of the colour themes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated my Ionic earlier in the week, things seem snappier and I haven't noticed anymore random crashes.  Notifications also don't cause a delay on rotate to activate the display like they were before.

My main issues are still:

• How is wifi supposed to work?  Should this be auto-connecting all the time?  It doesn't.
  • Weather still does not update.
  • Philip Hue app crashes my Windows 10 app anytime I try to insert an IP address.
  • Philip Hue app on the Ionic tells me it can't connect to my phone.

I'm using a Lumia 950 with Windows Insider Release Preview ring...

Best Answer

Mine is connected. I can turn light on and off but not any of the scenes. I get a vibration confirmation when it try to select a scene but I cannot select anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My software is indeed up to date. I still have no ability to change scenes. I can only switch lights on and off.

Best Answer

@Riftpoint I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to this thread as you will get more answers to your inquiry here. 

Please check this post and try the workaround that is there. You can also try this other workaround to get this fixed. Feel free to check the entire thread for more details.

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like others on this thread, I can turn on and off the lights, but changing scenes doesn't work.  Also, like others. It only connects if app is open on phone.  Ugg

Best Answer

@atramer @urbanryno Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your experience and the suggestions for improvements you'll like to see on this app.

There is now an option to contact the developers of the third-party apps in case you'll like to give your feedback and suggestions to them. Just open the Fitbit App Gallery and you'll find their contact details under "app details". That way they will be aware of what their users actually need and may implement it soon!

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

You are lucky. I can get some (maybe a couple) “scenes” to work but for whatever reason “All Lights” under “Devices” doesn’t work. When I push “All Lights” on the Ionic and see it go from “on” to “off” none of the lights in my house turn off. The “on” doesn’t work either. Basically the “all lights” doesn’t work at all. I can however select an individual light to turn it off or on... sometimes. Problem is most my lights have multiple bulbs so in order to turn on or off a light I have to uncheck 3 checkboxes on my Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to dim up and down with the hue app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! 

Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update. 

@Almostfamous84 Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Our team is aware that that the "All Lights" function was not working and we have since implemented a fix. 

@Lars_A I can confirm that the Hue Lights app does not currently support a dimming option. 

Also, our team has recently rolled out Fitbit OS 1.2 (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29) to 10% of users, which will help to improve connectivity between Ionic and the Hue Lights App. 

If you have not received an alert that the update is available for Ionic, you can expect to see it soon! You can find more information on this OS release by following the link, here

Please keep in mind that, to control your lights with your Philips Hue system and Fitbit watch, your Philips Hue system must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, and your watch must be within Bluetooth range of your phone.

I hope these updates help to improve your experience using the Hue app. If you are still experiencing any issues using the app, please let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer