Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447

Any idea what this firmware update offers? 

Sense, Versa 2, Versa, Ionic, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Aria
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fingers crossed the music syncing / adding, problems will be sorted, would also like to be able to add / remove tracks from the playlist without having to re sync the whole playlist.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @MattFitbit - when I opened the app this evening it notified me of the update. Took a little work to get the update download started - it kept saying the Bluetooth was busy and try later. I finally opened the System Settings -> Apps -> Fitbit and did a Force Stop, Clear Cache, and Delete Data, then re-opened the Android app, logged in and as soon as I opened the Ionic screen the download started. About 1/3rd way through the download it stopped, and I clicked on Retry. It soon stopped again and asked if I wanted to try WiFi, which I agreed to. It then finished the download, started & finished the install, and synced the tracker.  After it completed the sync, I restarted the Ionic tracker.  All seems well now. Hopefully, this fixed the problem of the tracker crashing during use of the Exercise Mode.

Best Answer

Will this release fix the issue with the Bluetooth connectivity, between the Ionic and the Apple Iphone 7plus? I saw no mention that the connection issues will be resolved?  Why does the app not sync with the pc via the charge cable?  If no dongle is supplied with the Ionic?  Seems to be that Ionic does require a dongle, please explain?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen response time is a lot quicker now!

Sense, Versa 2, Versa, Ionic, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Aria
Best Answer

@AusieGirlwrote:

Why does the app not sync with the pc via the charge cable?  If no dongle is supplied with the Ionic?  Seems to be that Ionic does require a dongle, please explain?

The charge cable does not have any data connection, it has the sole purpose of providing the 5VDC to charge the Ionic tracker.  Whether or not the Dongle is required depends on the computer and operating system.  If you have a PC running Windows 10 and the PC has Bluetooth 4.0, no dongle is required. If the PC does not have Bluetooth 4.0, then a Dongle is required. The Dongle is no longer shipped with Fitbit trackers since the Charge 2, but they can be ordered from the Fitbit Store.

Best Answer

Well so much for an update! 

Still no no wifi connectivity between app or ionic.

Being forced to update via Bluetooth for several hours. No change.

So still very much a useless product.

Any ideas when Fitbit might make their Ionic compatible with IPhone 7 and Bluetooth as I’ve still got a useless product?

Best Answer

When you try to connect WiFi using your iPhone 7, does it say network not found?

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi there,

My iPhone has wifi connection established.

My Bluetooth connection with the Fitbit remains unstable consistently.

Unable to perform updates over wifi.

Bluetooth updates constantly fail due to lost Bluetooth connection to the
Fitbit Ionic!
Best Answer

So after literally trying all day to establish a bluetooth connection to the fitbit and the Fitbit app this fitbit ionic is worth nothing.

Useless product which has no adequate support network.  

No bluetooth connection between the watch and the Iphone 7 plus and this has also meant that there is no connection to make adequate bluetooth connection with the Fitbit app and therefore still no updates adequately installed.

So let me guess there will be another update to fix the updates that they have clearly no idea on what to do with.  Seriously I think these people need to be looking for new jobs because this Ionic has been the biggest flop ever.  Complete waste of time and money.

Best Answer

It takes too long to update.  It's already 3.5 hrs already and it's still downloading.  The downloading bar not progressing at all.  Can i uninstall the app from the phone and reinstall again ?

What will happened to the ionic watch if i uninstall the apps while downloading half way ?

Best Answer

Can it contain update for Hebrew?

This is the only thing stopping me from grabbing an Ionic...

Best Answer
Best Answer

Best Answer

wrote:

Did it happen to fix the syncing problems with Android devices? Namely, Samsung S8, where it loses connectivity and won't find the tracker without rebooting the Ionic multiple times, simply because you walked out of Bluetooth range for a moment. Also curious if it helped with the slow sync with the S8, and frequent disconnects even when not leaving range.

No!

Best Answer

Any idea when we can expect Dexcom integration? Or more apps?

Best Answer

When Thailand can update this firmware? Because i can't see update in fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Up to a few weeks.  Only 10% of users have the update available.  They are staggering the release dates for different people.

Best Answer

Why don't they simply offer a beta channel? This reads as they are a very unsure about the quality of the update and choosing 10% at random doesn't look to professional to me. 

Best Answer