Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions for Tennis App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have instructions on how to start or use the tennis stroke counter in the tennis app? 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Not proper instructions but make sure to wear your Ionic/Versa on the same arm you hold the raquet.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SRZ! Agree with @SRZSmiley Very Happy

Fitbit Labs is a Fitbit Research initiative focused on developing and testing potential Fitbit features in the form of experimental apps and smart clock faces designed to motivate users and help drive behavior change. These apps and clock faces are experimental in nature, so you might experience minor issues, and they might be available for a limited time. For additional information about Fitbit Labs, visit the Fitbit blog.

Although we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form

If there's anything else I may assist you with in the meantime, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Tried to use the tennis app in many different occasions (on the correct hand), reset, reinstalled. It just plain doesn't record any strokes. Did anyone figured how to make it work?

Best Answer

@Delevanti I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with the Tennis app. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

In this case, I'd recommend sending some feedback through this form. This is the best way to get your feedback to Fitbit Labs. That way, they can check this out directly. These apps and clock faces are experimental in nature, so you might experience minor issues, and they might be available for a limited time.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

The tennis lab AP doesn't install, it runs through the motions, blue bar spools when it gets to the far right, the install link appears again and AP will not install. 

I did get an error message on some instances that the AP did not load, try again later. I have tried over 15 times. What is up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kelly, I have the same experience. I recently updated my Ionic to 27.33.1.30 and now I can't install the Tennis app. My guess is that Fitbit Labs have to update it to work on the new firmware. When I had the previous firmware, the app worked OK. I would track my strokes and I used it to keep score, but uploading the results only worked about 50% of the time and when it did, the scores weren't accurate. I'm really hoping that the new version fixes these shortcomings. 

Best Answer

@Kelly_k Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with the Fitbit Labs Tennis app. 

Fitbit Labs apps and clock faces are experimental in nature, so you might experience minor issues. In this case, I'd recommend sending your feedback through this form. Fitbit Labs team wants to hear your feedback. 

@VictorE I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread. Hopefully, a new version will be available some time. Feel free to also share your feedback through the form.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR is there any way to get a status on my feedback to Fitbit Labs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I also have the same behavior as @VictorE. I succesfully used the app in the past before fitbit os3 update. It was recording pretty accurately the strokes, but sometimes crashed without any errors or something, just noticed the app is not running anymore. The on a different topic I saw someone mentioning that a longer pause in the movements could be the cause of the crash, and have the same impression, as long as you don't rest too long, the app used to keep running.

In my opinion this is a great watch, with all the good features, and nice design, the tennis app is also a great idea, such a shame that so minor bugs hold us back from enjoying the full power of the watch.

I really look forward to enjoying this amazing app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobert Fitbit "secretly" updated the Tennis app on 1/10. Version 1.2.1 now works w/Fitbit OS 3 on my Ionic and I assume, all other OS 3 devices. 

Best Answer

@VictorE, thanks for the info. I've just noticed yesterday evening, that the app is on the watch..., tried to check again if it's installing, and surprise, the app was already present on the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorE, does the app work fine for you? On my watch simply exists randomly during games... if I restart it, it doesn't have resume, so I assume the app crashes....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to see you here @VictorE! Great to hear that your Tennis App is working fine now. Thanks for sharing the outcome! Robot Very Happy

Hi there @nRobert! Fitbit Labs has just released a new version (v1.2.1) which should help resolve installation issues. If you are still trying to install the app, please follow each of the steps detailed in this article

If you continue experiencing any difficulty with the Tennis app, please feel free to send your feedback through this form

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit, thanks for you feedback.

I was able to install 1.2.1. As mentioned in the previous post, had the problem before with older version as well. Sometimes the app crashes, just assume crashes, because I don't have any errors, just see the app is not running anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @nRobertI'd like you to restart your IonicIf you continue having inconveniences with your Tennis app, please see: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Please note as I mentioned above, we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, so please share your feedback through this form

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobert i haven't had a chance to play since i got the app installed. i'll report back to this thread once I get a game under my belt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorE, thanks. did you face this issue before? I mean with older watch/app version when it was working before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobert Yes. I had the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @VictorE and @nRobert! If you're still having difficulties with the Tennis App, please refer to my post above for further instructions. 

If there's anything else I may assist you both in the meantime, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes