Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions for Tennis App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have instructions on how to start or use the tennis stroke counter in the tennis app? 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@MarreFitbit thanks. I used that form to report my initial problem with the tennis app before it was updated. Other than a confirmation that it was received, i have not gotten any follow up correspondence. 

Is that form supposed to start a dialog with the apps' developers or is it a suggestion box?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit, I tried to restart the watch, didn't help. Also checked the things from the link you mentioned, but still the same. The app just exits randomly...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobert @VictorE Thanks for your replies and for sharing those details. Thanks for sharing your feedback using the form shared above.

The feedback form won't start a dialogue with the app developers. However, they receive the forms and review them. Thank you very much for reporting the issues you experienced with this app. 

If I find out any updates regarding this app; will let you know.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobertThe rains have prevented me from trying out the tennis app. I hope that next Monday, I can report that it's working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorE, thanks. In the meantime I had the chance to test it several times. I can confirm, that if I don't do longer breaks during the match, it works fine, won't exit. I'd like to test what is the period after which the app crashes...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobertI played tennis on Monday, but I forgot my Ionic @ home. Smiley Indifferent

When you view your archive stats does it show them correctly? With the old app, it wouldn't track my score sometimes, not even my shot percentages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorE, when I don't forget to end match right after match, so the app doesn't exit, yes, it shows the correct result. Unfortunatelly I often forget to end it, and app exits. I can open app again, it says there's a running game, and asks for resume, but it doesn't resume from the latest score :(.

So there's room for improvements...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nRobertI finally got a chance to try the app. My match lasted an hour and everything seemed to be working correctly. Then, I forgot to end the match on the watch. It took me 15 minutes to realize, but by then, I wasn't able to resume. Nuts.

I'll play again this Sunday (if it doesn't rain). How has it been for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorE , same here, played many matches, and when I forget to end it right away, it's gone. I guess the "timeout" is even less than 5 mins..., also noticed that if I check the history on fitbit.com it shows random duration, played 1h and got 43h in the history. The history doesn't keep the shot count/type, only the percentage..., it could also easily determine double faults based on the time/shots between the serves, but it doesn't do it :(.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa, and was excited about having the Tennis app, but frustrated since Day 1. Installation, as everyone described, would not occur... I tried many, many times, restarting watch.. etc.. it took about 2-3 weeks of randomly, just trying to install, until one day, it was magically there! Next problem, I use primarily for scorekeeping since I always have worn watches on my non-dominant wrist, and it was also more awkward to keep updating scores as I was used to doing this on my Scoreband worn on my non-dominant wrist.  But.. the scores do not sync to my phone/web. I play 4-5 days per week and since having a 'working' version of this app for 6 months now.. I only have about 5-6 'logs' of matches, but no scores.. only that I played for some erroneously 6 - 12 hours!  I also have had the issue of the app resetting/turning off mid-set or mid-match (between sets if time between sets is too long). I have the most updated version, I believe.. 1.2.1. I would sure like these bugs resolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was really hoping that a future version of the Tennis app would resolve some, if not all, of these problems. But according to this email I received today, that may not be the case:

Thank you for using and loving our Fitbit Labs apps. On June 15th, Fitbit Labs Mood Log, New Parent, Tennis, and Think Fast apps and clock faces are retiring. They will remain on your device but will have limited functionality moving forward, because data will no longer sync to fitbit.comor be available through Fitbit Labs. 

With this retirement comes new future experiments, so stay tuned. 

Thank you for participating in Fitbit Labs! 

-The Team at Fitbit Labs

I really hope that the tennis playing members of this community will be served (no pun intended) by a another app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would have hoped that Fitbit could release the source code of its app to the developers community so they could eventually further developers it. Maybe @JonFitbit could do something about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 for open source!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Giampi71 wrote:

I would have hoped that Fitbit could release the source code of its app to the developers community so they could eventually further developers it. Maybe @JonFitbit could do something about it.

Some of our apps aren't built with the public SDK, and therefore cannot be open-source. Sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit wrote:

@Giampi71 wrote:

Some of our apps aren't built with the public SDK, and therefore cannot be open-source. Sorry.

Does this mean it wouldn’t build with the public SDK, or just the fact that no one tried it. In case of later, it could worth a try...

Best Answer
0 Votes