Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Clockface "Flashring" Date Format

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have been using the Flashring clockface for a while now and I love it.  After updating to Fitbit OS 2.0, the date format seems to have switched from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried some troubleshooting with the "Chronograph" clockface by Fitbit and it displays MM/DD.  Is the date format based on a location setting in the user profile, or is it hard coded into the clockface?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The new update is online now. Please give me some feedback, if it is working again as expected.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

I’ve noticed this too. I would love to know how to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @SunsetRunner and @Reptilejch, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading the Flashring clock face shows a different format of date regardless of your location.

In this case keep in mind these category of clockfaces are made by indie developers and we are not able to offer support to address possible fixes. It depends of the developer to release new updates.

Just a heads up. Since this is not a topic related to third party, I moved your posts to our App gallery forum to keep the focus of this post.

See you around and keep participating in the Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand what you are saying about third party developer but the issue has come up due to the Fitbit OS 2 update made by Fitbit. As described before date was month/day/year before os 2. Now that I have os 2 the date is day/month/year. It’s because of os 2 and not due to any updates by the developer (since I had the latest update to flashing and the date did not change, it only changed when the os was updated). I expect nothing less than you removing this thread and not helping me since the horrible two day (and several hour) os 2 update experience I had with Fitbit. Thanks for not helping, again. 

Best Answer

Same issue here, came to this thread for the exact issue you are referencing. 

FitBit team, it would be great to see what you are actually doing to fix the bugs/issues people bring forward instead of simply acknowledging the comments. Date display is such a basic and standard feature of any digital clock it’s almost absurd this doesn’t exist. Third party developer or not, it is still your platform. Take a little more ownership in solving your customers problems. 

Best Answer

Yes, mine changed too with the 2.0 update. Would like some controls to change it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would think that tapping the contact developer link would be the best course to take. 

As for adding controls (settings) to an app. this would be up to the developer. 

As for the format changing with the update .it might be an unintended result of some unrelated change in the OS that tyetdeveloper is unaware of. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.  Contacting the developer would be my preference as well.  Could you clarify where the link you mentioned is located?  When I originally notice this problem, I was not able to find a way to contact the developer within the app.  The screen within the android app where the clockface is selected has the developers name, but no link to contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For your information, I contacted the developer of this clock face to ask him to check this thread. I also asked him to add his support contact information in the App Gallery for future requests. Hope that help!

Best Answer

Hello everybody!

I haven't noticed this yet, since DD. MM. YYYY is the default for german localisation.

However, the dateformat should depend on the users locale. I guess, that there was a change in the API with the update to OS 2.0.

I'll have a look at it, but I'm quite busy at the moment, so please be patient!

Best Answer

Thanks for the response, and for all the work you put into the clockfaces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have submitted a new version for review, which should be available in a few days (version 1.2.1).

Hopefully, it is now working as expected again...

All the best,

Sam

Best Answer

The new update is online now. Please give me some feedback, if it is working again as expected.

Best Answer

YES. We are back in business! Thank you so much for making that change. I’m back to using my favorite clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything is working great.  Thank you for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works again

Awesome, thanks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new data format MM/DD/YY is not the way the date is expressed in Australia. Can you please  provide an option to enable a change to DD/MM/YY to suit our area. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t mess with that date format again! It’s perfect the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mate... we're not all for the USA, most of Europe work DD/MM/YY. Please change it back or add an option. Please!

Best Answer
The majority of the ionic clock faces have dd/mm, leave flash ring alone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes