Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab pets feature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering what the hearts on the screen mean? How does the treat thing work? Like I know 10% of your step goal equals a treat but what happens if you get more than 100 percent of your goal? Are the hearts lives? How do you get lives? I am going to try it out tomorrow just wanted to know what I was looking at. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey! I had to play around but finally figured out the hearts. As you progress through your steps each day, you will see the number in the bottom right corner count up. Tap on that area any time it’s more than zero, and a little food bowl comes out to feed your dog (or cat). You have to earn enough of those treats to feed him 5 times each day or the next morning the doghouse will be empty with a note left behind from your pet basically saying you didn’t feed me bye! 😂😂😂 That happened to me the first evening I used the clock face and I had to change clock faces and then change back to get my dog to come back home. Hope this helps!

Angela USAIonic, iPhone 6s Plus iOS 11

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hey there @brittanie1986, it's nice to see you around! Robot Very Happy Check this post to meet Fitbit Labs, Fitbit Pet, and more. 

I'll be around if you need further help! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I already read that but it doesn't answer my questions.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @brittanie1986! Fitbit Pet is a third-party app that doesn't belong to Fitbit, the way it works is according to the developer in charge (including its features). Although we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form.

Thanks! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your just copying and pasting what's already been said other places. Obviously someone that has used these games would know how it works and what the little images mean. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I had to play around but finally figured out the hearts. As you progress through your steps each day, you will see the number in the bottom right corner count up. Tap on that area any time it’s more than zero, and a little food bowl comes out to feed your dog (or cat). You have to earn enough of those treats to feed him 5 times each day or the next morning the doghouse will be empty with a note left behind from your pet basically saying you didn’t feed me bye! 😂😂😂 That happened to me the first evening I used the clock face and I had to change clock faces and then change back to get my dog to come back home. Hope this helps!

Angela USAIonic, iPhone 6s Plus iOS 11
Best Answer

Hi!  Thank you so much for explaining the hearts and how to feed the pets. I have tried 2 and they both left because I didn't know how to feed them.  Would be nice if this information was shown when you go to adopt one of these cute little clock faces!

Best Answer

It looks like the steps that increase the number in the lower-right corner have to be steps you got on the Ionic. If you have more than 1 Fitbit tracker, and you get your steps using your other one, and then sync both so that your Ionic reflects the updated step count, then the number in the lower-right corner on the Ionic screen with your pet will not have increased. The interactive clock face seems it only pulls step data locally, from the device (the Ionic itself), instead of from the account.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or does anyone else have insight they would like to share regarding this matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

You don't need to reset your clock face. If you tap on the envelope in the dog house you will see a picture of your pet and a figure for the number of treats he wants. Once you have earned your treats tap on the little circle with the treat number earned and your pet will come back to you. It's basically a ransom note lol.😂😊

Best Answer

Hi, I think this added element is fantastic because it gamifies the experience. However, I think it’s quite limited to the 10 treats (10k) steps a day. When I push myself, I have access snacks which goes to waste. I think a great added element would be to accumulate additional snacks into virtual currencies so I can idk, get the pet a different outfit or different types of snack icon or toy. An additional puse to motivate people to go the extra mile while maintaining the tamagotchi element of this interface. I tried to access the feedback link but it didn’t work so I decided to add it here since it’s relevant to the conversation. 

Best Answer

I was wondering does he leave a letter every morning because I give him his 5 hearts everyday and he goes to sleep and in the morning I always have a note. And I normally have like 9 more treats that I can give him by the end of the day but I can’t bc he already has all his hearts full. 

Best Answer

Yes that happened to me too! So I changed my clock face for now, waiting for an update. I don't think it's supposed to do that?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, this isn't solved. I have a step goal of 3,000/day and I've met it the last two days, but the dog has still vanished after midnight, leaving me a note. Today, I met my goal before she fell asleep, but still, she's gone. WTH? I know my goal isn't high compared to most, but I was disabled, so it's my personal goal and no one else's.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem 😞 I made my goal and filled the heart but he’s gone

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I didn't post on here because I figured I'd just look at other posts and I never would've figured that out lol. I thought my cat was just gone for good😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I’m having a similar problem to people above. I walked well above my goal yesterday and ended up not only filling all the hearts but having 5 spare. I woke up this morning and my cat was gone 🤷‍:female_sign:

Any know if there is something I can do to correct this or if I should just quit using the app?

Best Answer
You have to tap the fish and get will come back. I was so excited. I've
done this app twice and git upset and stopped using it. Decided to give it
one more try and as soon as I read someones post on here I just tapped the
fish and it feels the cat lol.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tap the bowl or fish whatever is in your corner. It'll feed your cat . Took me twice of using this app and deleting it because it doesn't explain you have to do that on there when you download it .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should've proof read that before posting. The spelling is horrible  and it posted twice but as long as it helps someone lol .

Best Answer
0 Votes

There appears to be a bug.  I have the Versa, but I never had the issue with the Ionic (which I have since given to my husband to use).  Anyway, with the Versa, I consistently reach my 10,000 step goal and fill every heart.  My cat still leaves EVERY NIGHT, though.  I either have to 1) reinstall the pet clock face or 2) wait to get five treats (and the cat will come back on her own).  I am really hoping they have a fix for it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes