Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting the Weather app to work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, so far, I absolutely, positively cannot get the Weather app to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.  All I get is a screen full of "No location information.  Go to the Fitbit app to set up weather."  I have done that, I have done that, over and over and over and over and over again.  I have read that "you have to go outside and let it synch up with the GPS system."  I've done, that, too.  How long do you need to stand outside?  An hour?  Do you need to bring your phone along, too?  I've been out for about five minutes at a time, several times, but so far, NOTHING WORKS AT ALL.

I simply cannot get any recognition of anything at all -- not my "Current Location," even though I have Bluetooth and Location Services turned on in my phone.  When I type a city name in the blank, it just sits there and says "loading" for a few seconds, and then it stops saying "loading" again.

Yes, I have "rebooted the watch" -- over and over and over and over and over again.  I have gone into the settings in the online Fitbit Dashboard, and it says that the GPS is "on" -- not that I see anywhere to set that on my phone or on the watch itself.  And so on.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me -- the weather app is one really big reason why I decided to spend $300 on the Ionic, rather than just sitting tight with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Buy an Apple Watch. Fitbit stinks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

then why are you here ?

www.applewatchforum.net/forums/

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t need help; I see from websites that it just doesn’t work. They want you to jump through hoops and that doesn’t work either. It’s always the users fault. I don’t need help. I quit. Why I here? Because typical Fitbit , they want me to use communities that know less than I know and all have the same problem. Sorry if I woke you up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the help. This worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you guys uninstall the weather app? I don't see any uninstall option.

I was able to locate and add another city with windows app but failed to find anything on android app. Weather is still without information after a frustrating half year!

I bought this for:

- GPS: not very reliable as it disconnects often.

- fitbit pay: never got to use it since it failed to deliver as advertised, every visa/master contact card would work.

- notification: highly unreliable.

- the sleep apnea thing? no news.

Yes, I was on the pre-order batch. Hate this terrible product to the core! If it wasn't $300 and if I could sell it off, I wouldn't be wasting my precious time in this forum aggravating myself over this piece of *ahem* junk.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. The trick for me was activating the WALK exercise. I had not noticed the GPS connection icon before. Took a couple of times of walking around my house for the GPS to connect. Once it did - I was able to select a city and view the data with the weather app on my Fitbit.  FYI - I had tracked my walking previously. The data was collected accurately but I still was unable to get the weather app to sync or add a city.   Not sure what made the difference but I thank you nonetheless.  Did not know how much I depended on the app until it was unavailable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks to all of the people who tried to help me get the Weather app to function. I followed everyone’s suggestion and EVENTUALLY got it function. Like all of you, my Wife (she had the same problem) and I did so many things (uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, went outside in the middle of the night, rebooted iPhone multiple times, rebooted Bluetooth multiple times, etc etc) that we have no idea what the “fix” was. Even though the app now works, if this was a quality product, these shenanigans would not be necessary. I even asked Fitbit for my money back (maybe that’s what did it) and received no reply. Several people in the market for tracker, seeing that we had ionics asked our opinion. Our answer? FITBIT? NFW!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Potatoeman.  Only thing I would add is I followed your steps, but it wasn't until I forced the mobile app to sync, after initiating an activity so it searched out the satellites, that the weather information was populated in the weather app.  I was impressed by the amount of the info that was contained therein.  

Trying to get the temp to populate on the home screen of the YWeather for fitbit screen is the only challenge still remaining .

Best Answer
No other device nor App has produced so many problems and elicited so little response from the factory. I will say it again, when ANYONE asks if I have a recommend for FITBIT. NFW.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This app syncs poorly.  I have found with the recent Ionic update, things have surprisingly improved. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

deleteded Iphone fitbit app and reinstalled it works

Best Answer

I could see weather on the app but it wouldn’t show on the home screen with the watch face I was using. On my iPhone, I turned location services on all the time instead of only when using the app and the weather showed on my home screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all these fixes to no avail to get the weather app to work on my charge 3.  when i go into the weather app to add a city, i type in 3-4 letters, then a notification pops up that says fitbit has stopped working, report or ok.  happens every time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you @rlrosie5, thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you in order to get the Weather app on your watch. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for jumping in here @ABRNH! Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

You can also add 2 additional locations:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. Tap Add City to add up to 2 additional locations or tap Edit > the X icon to delete a location. Note that you can't delete your current location.
  5. Sync your tracker with the Fitbit app to see the updated list of locations on your tracker

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg this worked!!!!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @MDeac1! I'm glad to hear that the steps provided worked for you. Woman Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did what someone else said. Logged onto account from a different phone. Set up weather, synced it to that phone, and somehow it worked after that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know what has worked for you @MDeac1Smiley Very Happy

Ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too - thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @mrwoo! We're glad to hear the steps provided here worked for you. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes