Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest App is not working on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Fitbit Versa Special Edition but the nest app will not work.

I have an android phone: LG Stylo 3

This is what happening:

1. I installed the App and gave it full permissions
  2. Using the app settings I log in on my nest account
  3. I can open the app on my Versa and it finds my Nest thermostat and it shows the current temperature and humidity.
  4. The problem occurs when I try to adjust the temperature: it shows that it has changed on the app but nothing happens on the thermostat, Is like the command never reaches the nest thermostat.

This is what I have done so far to troubleshoot the problem:

• I checked the Nest App on my phone under the "work with nest" section and it shows the Fitbit has permissions to connect to my Nest Account.
  • I verified that the Nest thermostat was not on Eco mode or in cool/heat mode. The Nest was on cool mode.
  • I removed the application from my watch, removed the permissions from my Nest app for Fitbit on my phone. 
  • I re-installed the application on my Versa and re-logon on my nest account from the watch app
  • I then verified that the Fitbit was allowed on my Nest app on my phone and try again from my watch with the same result:
  • I can open the app on my Versa, I can see the Name of my Thermostat,  It's in Home Mode, I press "View All thermostats" and I can see the current temperature, the Up and Down arrows, and the current Humidity. But If I change the temperature using the arrows, is show the new temperature on the watch BUT nothing happens on the actual thermostat, it never changes.
  • I have Alexa on my house and I can control the thermostat with Alexa commands with no problem.
  • I can also control the Nest from the App on my Phone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the Community Forums @SergioGiron! Thanks so much for already troubleshooting the Nest App prior to contacting us. 

While reading your post, I found out that your LG Stylo 3 is not a supported device by the Fitbit app. You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Beside of the steps you've done so far, I suggest taking a look at the help article: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very unfortunate and looks like purposeful obsolescence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that sucks. Time to look at Samsung and Apple Watches. After years of happily using my Ionic with my Nest, it now stopped working. Boo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of Aug 31 2019   Fitbit will no longer support NEST.  

Thanks Fitbit     Nest app about the only useful app available.

Best Answer

What is the story with the Nest App?

Why is it no longer on the store. 

Best Answer

Hi @TechnoGeek42@SergioGiron, and @NateInOG.

As @jpmaxwell mentioned, we regret to inform you that on 8/26/19 we will be retiring support for the Nest app, after which it will become unavailable in the App Gallery. The app will stop working on August 31, 2019 when Google retires the Nest API.

For more information, see nest.com.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wtf???

C'mon FitBit!!!!!
Best Answer

Well said!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is terrible, one of the few apps that is actually useful on the Versa.

Best Answer

Hi @TechnoGeek42 and @JB1972

We totally understand how you all feel and we appreciate you've taking the time to share your thoughts.

Please note that our team keeps working to improve your experience with the Fitbit app and our services based on the Community posts, so be sure that this will not go unnoticed.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Nest app was not working so I thought I would uninstall and re-install it. Well, when I went back to install it, it was gone. That is what led me here trying to find out what had happened. 

The Nest app was very useful to me. It is about the only app that I have actually used regularly on my Versa. 

Best Answer
Why is the NEST app gone?
Best Answer
0 Votes

"on 8/26/19 we will be retiring support for the Nest app, after which it will become unavailable in the App Gallery. The app will stop working on August 31, 2019 when Google retires the Nest API."

Because Google has decided to get rid of the Nest API and make a new one. At some point, someone will likely make a new Nest app referencing the new API or at least I would suspect so.

Thanks Google and Nest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NateInOG. Thanks so much for sharing that information. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just noticed my Nest app has started magically working again on my Ionic.

Thank you to anyone who has helped resolve this long standing issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @TechnoGeek42. Thanks to you for letting us know that the Nest app started working on your Ionic. 

We'll be around if there's anything else we may help you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the app back in the store now? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried to get my wife's Ionic also working and then messed both of them up
somehow.

Now I can't log into either account on either phone within the Nest app. I
am able to log into the only Nest website.

This keeps happening and is so **ahem**ed frustrating.

Please post a step by step setup guide with all trouble shooting steps.
Currently, both Fitbits say they can't connect Bluetooth, when I know that
isn't the issue since no Bluetooth settings were changed. They also are all
on the same home network. It's an issue logging into the nest app within
the Fitbit app.

These watches were gifts and they feel like someone instead is making us
pay for endless torture.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @TechnoGeek42 and @NateInOG. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. 

As mentioned, Nest app is no longer available for Fitbit devices. These apps are no longer available in the app gallery:

• Mood Log (Fitbit Labs)
  • Nest (8/26/2019)
  • New Parent (Fitbit Labs)
  • Tennis  (Fitbit Labs)
  • Think Fast (Fitbit Labs)

Apps may become unavailable or retired for a variety of reasons. For example, Fitbit Labs apps and clock faces are experimental, and they're only available for a limited time. See: What is Fitbit Labs?

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes