Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest app Not Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I logged into my nest app and on my watch it says i can not control a nest device i have no access 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Label

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @LyzetteOlivares.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation.

The first thing I'd like to do is to ask you if you are getting some sort of error message or anything? Please describe exactly what is happening so that I can determine what is the best way to move forward.

In the meantime I'd recommend that you try uninstalling the app and then installing it once again. That should help so that it lets you connect.

Let me know if there are any other questions in the meantime. I look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am Experiencing the same Problem.

I recently purchased a Fitbit Versa Special Edition but the nest app will not work.

I have an android phone: LG Stylo 3

This is what happening:

1. I installed the App and gave it full permissions
  2. Using the app settings I log in on my nest account
  3. I can open the app on my Versa and it finds my Nest thermostat and it shows the current temperature and humidity.
  4. The problem occurs when I try to adjust the temperature: it shows that it has changed on the app but nothing happens on the thermostat, Is like the command never reaches the nest thermostat.

This is what I have done so far to troubleshoot the problem:

• I checked the Nest App on my phone under the "work with nest" section and it shows the Fitbit has permissions to connect to my Nest Account.
  • I verified that the Nest thermostat was not on Eco mode or in cool/heat mode. The Nest was on cool mode.
  • I removed the application from my watch, removed the permissions from my Nest app for Fitbit on my phone. 
  • I re-installed the application on my Versa and re-logon on my nest account from the watch app
  • I then verified that the Fitbit was allowed on my Nest app on my phone and try again from my watch with the same result:
  • I can open the app on my Versa, I can see the Name of my Thermostat,  It's in Home Mode, I press "View All thermostats" and I can see the current temperature, the Up and Down arrows, and the current Humidity. But If I change the temperature using the arrows, is show the new temperature on the watch BUT nothing happens on the actual thermostat, it never changes.
  • I have Alexa on my house and I can control the thermostat with Alexa commands with no problem.
  • I can also control the Nest from the App on my Phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes