Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch steps count are inaccurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i am using my pixel watch for more then  20 days, i noticed that it calculate my steps without moving. It is so sensitive, that it start calculating steps by just moving my arm little bit. Even i tried rotating my arm in complete circle without moving at all,It count, it as more then 40 steps . Google should provide some software update for fixing this issue. They can give some sensitive option. overall it's a great watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @pran11tyagi2014, welcome to the community. You will know that wrist devices detect and evaluate arm movement as "Steps".

You may be interested in these articles. How accurate are Fitbit devices? which has a long section on "Step" counting and How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge offers a third-party view of the issue (It's not just Fitbit/Google devices that have the problem)

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @pran11tyagi2014, welcome to the community. You will know that wrist devices detect and evaluate arm movement as "Steps".

You may be interested in these articles. How accurate are Fitbit devices? which has a long section on "Step" counting and How to make your fitness tracker count steps more accurately - The Verge offers a third-party view of the issue (It's not just Fitbit/Google devices that have the problem)

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer