Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private clock face cannot be installed anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a private version of my ActivityRings + clockface that I am trying to deploy on my Sense tracker. Before when I opened the link in my mobile browser I had a button/link to open the clock face in the Android/iOS app and deploy it to the tracker like that. 

Since yesterday when I open the link in the browser the private clock face comes up "linked" to the released version of it and I cannot redirect to the app from the web page anymore.

mkostersitz_0-1635542097382.png

Please help sorting this out

Mike

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your link sends me to the version with comments:

Test version of Activity Rings + with more logging and error messages for better debugging of on device issues.

So that's OK

In my case I get from the link in Chrome to te install page in the Fitbit app. So that's OK too.

Because I have  a Versa 2 I can't install of course. 

So I guess you might have the published version installed on the Sense.

That's all I can do for you. 

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Of course the fitbit app sends you to the gallery with the published clock. ( Nice clock btw) If you don't want that then there are  2 ways.

Uninstall the official versoin from your fitbit.

Send your clock to the developer modus of the Fitbit Sense directly from Studio

Create a "new" clockface in Studio and don't ever publish that. Use it for testing.

Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am doing exactly that, the test version is published with a different App ID from the release version.

Release is public, 

Test has a private link. https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/cb0c7758-fbf8-413e-b44c-3d6787848cec if you want to try that. It is the next patch release I am working on. For me the link always opens to the "test app page" but then I cannot open it in the Fitbit app from that page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can test this. I have a versa 2. (And is well over my bed time (1:37 AM MET)

Best Answer

Your link sends me to the version with comments:

Test version of Activity Rings + with more logging and error messages for better debugging of on device issues.

So that's OK

In my case I get from the link in Chrome to te install page in the Fitbit app. So that's OK too.

Because I have  a Versa 2 I can't install of course. 

So I guess you might have the published version installed on the Sense.

That's all I can do for you. 

Best Answer

Figured it out the fitbit site looks at the screen resolution of the device you are accessing it from. I use a Surface Duo 2 and the site identified it as a tablet rather than a phone. Dropping the resolution to a phone resolution shows the open app link. All good for now. Thanks for trying it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @mkostersitz  - your screen shot is missing the open in app button.

It could be the bug when you have the page showing in landscape.

Try using portrait on your phone. On a PC browser the button doesn't appear.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer