Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Crash when opening Alarms app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

12/05 Update: This issue should be corrected with Ionic's new update, which is available today. Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance in getting this resolved.

10/19 Update: I've confirmed with out team that a fix for this will be included in Ionic's next firmware release. We haven't announced a specific date for the update, but this issue should be fully resolved once it is available.

It sounds like some users have had success with performing a factory restart on their device, so this is also an option to try if you don't mind taking the time to set things up again.

Our team is aware that some users see their Ionic crash when accessing the Alarms app, and are working to get this issue resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we work to address this.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

Its been a month this is extremely frustrating to have it crash when trying to open the alarm app

Best Answer

@Denisehunt24 and the others who still have troubles with the alarms, I have performed a full factory reset (after all else failed) and my alarms and everything have been good since, zero issues in the last 10 days. So if Alarms is a big deal for you as well (it was for me), you might give it a try. It was about an hour or so on a good Wi-Fi connection to do the full reset, I made sure I sync-ed the watch before doing it, so I basically did not lose any stats. Good luck!

Best Answer
I did that reset....it happened again!..i have a couple alarms set in there that I can't change, very upsetting

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Gunny - Thanks for the info about the alarm working...I was begining to be worried. I don't have an Ionic yet (Christmas list) but do have a Blaze. I like the Blaze for most things but the alarms are weak and do not wake me. Is the Ionic's alarm strong enough to awaken you in the morning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gunny - Thanks for the info about the alarm working...I was begining to be worried. I don't have an Ionic yet (Christmas list) but do have a Blaze. I like the Blaze for most things but the alarms are weak and do not wake me. Is the Ionic's alarm strong enough to awaken you in the morning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been a month since the “update” on this problem. Is there a fix yet?

Best Answer

thank you - I will have to give this a try - I really need to be able to adjust my alarms!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sgt_Major @glockamy Great to see you on the community! 

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your feedback and your patience as we work to resolve this Alarms app crash. I want to assure you that your voices have been heard and communicated to our partner teams. 

As @MatthewFitbit had mentioned our team is aware of this experience and we anticipate that it will be fixed in the next firmware update, which will be coming soon. 

If you have any questions, you know where to find me. Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a fix for this crash on the alarm issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
No fix
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you don't read threads and expect others to do it for you..

Best Answer

When you want to save battery on your phone, so you unsub from a thread where everything is repeated every 2nd day... 

Best Answer

@ScubaSteveYT wrote:

When you want to save battery on your phone, so you unsub from a thread where everything is repeated every 2nd day... 

Yeah tell me about it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Sir,

I encounter app crash whenever I open the Alarm App on my Fitbit Ionic.

Also I notice the ONLY way to set up/amend an alarm for Ionic is to do it through the watch. You CANNOT amend alarm setting via Fitbit App or Fitbit.com dashboard.

Could you address this issue urgently or allow users to amend alarm settings via Fitbit App or fitbit.com dashboard? 

This is getting super annoying as the alarm keeps vibrating at the time that I don't want.

Thank you

Sammy

Best Answer

This definitely needs to be fixed soon. I first encountered this software issue when I attempted to set a one-time alarm, by not choosing a day of the week or "everyday" when setting the alarm. This is a feature of the Surge and I had assumed that this would be a feature on the Ionic. At least we should be able to set the alarm from the app but this is also not possible with the Ionic. Luckily for me I did this right before Thanksgiving break so no alarms are currently set, but when I go back to work on Monday I will not have any alarms on my Ionic!

Best Answer

@Jkaramo wrote:

but when I go back to work on Monday I will not have any alarms on my Ionic!

It's been written a million times it's going to be fixed soon I would not rely on it as a work alarm clock. It does not vibrate very long and the batteries run out every week, you forget to charge it then you miss work. You need to buy a backup such as a normal alarm clock or Casio watch. Or just use your cellphone (which still needs charging).

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitAlexS - Ok dude. Your posts arent very helpful. You've already managed to get this thread shut down once. People use their watch for different purposes. Nobody asked you for an alternative means to using the watch. If you're just sitting around reading people's posts and commenting in this manner you really need to find something better to do.

Everyone else,

I hope somebody (preferably at Fitbit) can read my post and use the information that I provided regarding the condition during which the error occurred to help fix the problem.

Samsung Note 3, Android 5.0.

Best Answer

@Jkaramo Thanks for sharing your experience. Our team has completed a fix for this error, which will be included in the next firmware update.

Best Answer

@Jkaramo wrote:

FitAlexS - Ok dude. Your posts arent very helpful. You've already managed to get this thread shut down once. People use their watch for different purposes. Nobody asked you for an alternative means to using the watch. If you're just sitting around reading people's posts and commenting in this manner you really need to find something better to do.

Everyone else,

I hope somebody (preferably at Fitbit) can read my post and use the information that I provided regarding the condition during which the error occurred to help fix the problem.

Samsung Note 3, Android 5.0.

Next time read the thread. Poor old Matthew is in a loop having to repeat the same answer over and over again. Anyway good luck using your Fitbit as an alarm clock for work LOL. Tip.. better be careful next time the clocks change as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew,

Thanks for the response, I look forward to the next firmware update.

FitAlexS - Glad you have time to read 7 pages worth of comments. I'm just looking for an answer so I can move on. The moderator has provided me with such, so feel free to get the last word in as I have better things to do with my time.

Best Answer