Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Crash when opening Alarms app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

12/05 Update: This issue should be corrected with Ionic's new update, which is available today. Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance in getting this resolved.

10/19 Update: I've confirmed with out team that a fix for this will be included in Ionic's next firmware release. We haven't announced a specific date for the update, but this issue should be fully resolved once it is available.

It sounds like some users have had success with performing a factory restart on their device, so this is also an option to try if you don't mind taking the time to set things up again.

Our team is aware that some users see their Ionic crash when accessing the Alarms app, and are working to get this issue resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we work to address this.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

Regardless people need to need to have patience. The last thing people need is another rushed and untested update.

BTW I just thought I would say, everytime somebody mentions the word "loyal" I am (one at a time) slowly and painfully strangling a kitten, it makes me feel better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I am not your kitten.

Best Answer

Same problem here. It was good and all of sudden I couldn’t open the alarm app anymore. Does anyone have a timeline when this is gonna be fixed ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing similar alarm clock issues.  I attempted the reset as described,  but it did not resolve the alarm clock issue (blank scree - then reset).

Thanks,

G

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Fitbit mentioning "we have a fix for this issue but we will only release it in the next firmware update" is in my opinion the most counterproductive approach. I do software releases and I am aware things break sometimes. However, when major functionality is affected, we fix it ASAP. As in Emergency Patch. Not wait until a large number of people get more and more aggravated and cannot use their expensive device for its intended purpose. Fitbit might think alarms is not major functionality, but that's not correct. As of now, you have a number of users who have to wake up at crazy hours because of alarms they cannot remove (or lose sleep stats because they choose to remove the Fitbit instead of waking up at said hours) and a number of users that cannot wake up as they cannot set the alarms (my case included, for the last 5 years Fitbit has been my only reliable alarm, my brain does a wonderful job tuning out alarm clocks and phone alarms). With previous versions of Fitbit, we had the option of setting alarms from the app, that has been removed from the Ionic, but in this case if would have been a great workaround. Having both options (set alarm either on the device or on the app) would allow people to use their favourite method, while keeping a secondary option for emergencies like this. I have been a Fitbit user for many years and most times Customer Service is wonderful, however, this is a fail in my opinion (and yes, I know as we are just starting with the Ionic there are bound to be issues, however, every measure should be taken to minimize impact to your customer base). Thank you.

Best Answer

@Bujica wrote:

Hello,

Fitbit mentioning "we have a fix for this issue but we will only release it in the next firmware update" is in my opinion the most counterproductive approach. I do software releases and I am aware things break sometimes. However, when major functionality is affected, we fix it ASAP. As in Emergency Patch. Not wait until a large number of people get more and more aggravated and cannot use their expensive device for its intended purpose. Fitbit might think alarms is not major functionality, but that's not correct. As of now, you have a number of users who have to wake up at crazy hours because of alarms they cannot remove (or lose sleep stats because they choose to remove the Fitbit instead of waking up at said hours) and a number of users that cannot wake up as they cannot set the alarms (my case included, for the last 5 years Fitbit has been my only reliable alarm, my brain does a wonderful job tuning out alarm clocks and phone alarms). With previous versions of Fitbit, we had the option of setting alarms from the app, that has been removed from the Ionic, but in this case if would have been a great workaround. Having both options (set alarm either on the device or on the app) would allow people to use their favourite method, while keeping a secondary option for emergencies like this. I have been a Fitbit user for many years and most times Customer Service is wonderful, however, this is a fail in my opinion (and yes, I know as we are just starting with the Ionic there are bound to be issues, however, every measure should be taken to minimize impact to your customer base). Thank you.

May I suggest you apply to be head of Fitbit's Dev team, and whilst you are at it read a book or two on agile development methodology.

As a developer you should realise testing the software before release will be extremely time consuming, there are a heck of a lot of platforms to consider, plus there's probably a lot  of stuff  us  customers have no idea of... Including you .. Mr Developer  who knows how to do  it better than everybody else. So after further consideration, please don't apply!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner That was unnecessary. Plus, given that you mentioned this problem is not affecting you, why do you keep posting on this subject? Stick to the issues that are impacting you, and leave the ones that are impacted by this on their own. If you are not suffering from the alarm app crashing, I don’t understand how you can have an opinion on how it is impacting other peoples lives. 

Regards

Best Answer

@Utku1982 wrote:

@SunsetRunner That was unnecessary. Plus, given that you mentioned this problem is not affecting you, why do you keep posting on this subject? Stick to the issues that are impacting you, and leave the ones that are impacted by this on their own. If you are not suffering from the alarm app crashing, I don’t understand how you can have an opinion on how it is impacting other peoples lives. 

Regards

Totally necessary. The customer is not part of the dev team and shouldn't pretend she understands Fitbit's processes .. she does not.

Also they updated the android app last week at least...what does she think they are doing? Playing tiddlywinks?

Finally she already has had a statement about the next update, so stop moaning! Why not buy a cheap Casio watch as an alarm backup and stop wetting yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Are you a part of the dev team? Or associated w/ the dev team somehow? If you sre, that would actually explain a lot as to why you keep trolling this board. 

For instance, as an ios user suffering from this issue, I’d prefer to get more insight as to why Fitbit decided to prioritize an android app update over the ios one. It would have been good customer relations on their part if they shared that with us, the customers. 

As many people pointed out on this board, the Fitbit comment on the next update was extremely unhelpful as it set up no expectations around how long we have to wait for a fix and if we should instead return our products before the return window expires. 

Finally, your point about the casio watch is clearly mute and shows that you do not understand the problem. We all use the vibrating alarm, which is why we purchased a fitbit device to begin with, while any cheap casio watch does not have that functionality. 

#NoCrashingAlarmsNoOpinion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Utku1982 wrote:

"For instance, as an ios user suffering from this issue, I’d prefer to get more insight as to why Fitbit decided to prioritize an android app update over the ios one. It would have been good customer relations on their part if they shared that with us, the customers."

Oh you do realise the iOS is far more developed than the android app and Android users are suffering from serious sync'ing issues?

But regardless sure LET'S START A PUBLIC ENQUIRY INTO THIS IMMEDIATELY!! APPLE USERS FEEL DEPRIVED BECAUSE ANDROID GOT AN UPDATE! 

What a fantastic waste of resources that would be. Well done.:) Perhaps android development should be stopped altogether so you can wake up on time eh?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Utku1982 wrote:

while any cheap casio watch does not have that functionality. 

#NoCrashingAlarmsNoOpinion

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=casio+watch+vibrating+alarm&client=ms-android-google&prmd=sivn&sou...

#StopTalkingBollox

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry but that watch has 1 vibrating alarm, where as w/ fitbit I could set up many alarms for different days. Moreover, why should i give up on my sleep analysis stats?

There is also a difference between sharing with customers why you are making certain decisions vs. having a public inquiry into it. Open communications usually work better and actually erradicate the type of public inquisitions that you are referring to. 

Finally, I am not taking advice on how to make better use of resources from someone that keeps trolling people and posted 260 messages since August on various boards. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerWhy are you trolling this forum. What do you get out of it? People are unhappy about their product and your response is “well, deal with it” if you have an ionic and your happy about it then keep away from people that actually have legitimate issues with their product. 

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@KMo51 The fix for this issue has already been completed, and will be included in the forthcoming update. We don't pre-announce dates for firmware releases, so we won't be able to notify users until it becomes available. Sorry for the wait - we are definitely looking forward to delivering the fix.

@Utku1982 Fitbit has spoken, they've said they have it fixed, now you have to wait for them to test and then roll it out. Stop moaning, grow up and deal with it. Or get a refund or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well @SunsetRunner, you should be very glad finding out I would never apply to be the head of Fitbit's Dev team, I am perfectly happy with my current employment and especially being around people with nice attitudes, trust me, it makes a world of a difference.

Best Answer

@Bujica wrote:

Well @SunsetRunner, you should be very glad finding out I would never apply to be the head of Fitbit's Dev team, I am perfectly happy with my current employment and especially being around people with nice attitudes, trust me, it makes a world of a difference.

Good for you.

So I guess we can all wait and be patient then for testing and rollout, thank Fitbit for at least knowing a fix is already in place, can ignore all the moaning and b*tching "are we there yet" attitude and stroke fluffy bunnies and cats instead..  furthermore stop pointing at people accusing them as trolls, buy the world a coke and await for world peace.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's please do our best to keep this thread respectful. As previously mentioned, there is a fix in place for this issue, and it will be delivered with the next firmware update. I understand that waiting for that update can be difficult, but it is definitely on its way.

Thanks everyone for being patient while we work to get this resolved.

Best Answer

My alarm app crashed for the first time yesterday. I have been using the app every day as I love the alarm. So much nicer than the radio. Has this new version been released yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katrinetje wrote:

My alarm app crashed for the first time yesterday. I have been using the app every day as I love the alarm. So much nicer than the radio. Has this new version been released yet? 

No we are not there yet.

Did you not notice the last post by Fitbit was yesterday? (Just before your post)

Best Answer

No, I thought it was dated 19 th. 

Best Answer
0 Votes