Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify won't install

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi y'all. I'm having the same issue as many of you. Install is greyed out on Spotify in the app list and tells me to update. Everything's updated. I forced stop, unpaired, rebooted, other apps have install button but not spotify. I even upgraded to premium Spotify in am attempt to fix it. Anyone figure out the solution?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hello! I am trying to get spotify on my fitbit charge 4 but it says that it needs an update. Even know i don’t have any updates that need to be done. I have looked up videos and searched stuff to see why it won’t work. And I can’t find anything that will help. Can you please help me. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am experiencing this problem too, has there been any resolution in the last year to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their documentation is riddled with falsehoods.  Their support is... can I say piss poor?  

Best Answer

Same here. Brand new Fitbit Charge 4 and install button on Spotify greyed out. Fitbit is fully updated. iPhone on latest update. Spotify app on iPhone latest update. The option to install is still greyed out. Also no answers or mentions from Fitbit on this issue. Not good technical support for a new device. 

Best Answer

I got a notification that it would take 48h when I first connected my Fitbit. Do you have the app running in the background the whole time? And how long has it been since you first connected your Fitbit to your device?

Best Answer

Do you know if you had the Fitbit app running in the background the whole time? 

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit Moderator, i'm having the exact same problem as the initial poster. My iphone XR is compatible with my Charge 4 and everything is updated.

Best Answer

Was there ever an answer to this question 

Best Answer

Same here. I just got my Charge 4 and am using with the iPhone XR with the latest update(I updated as WhatsApp notifications don’t show on my charge4)

Best Answer

Hey all!!! 

After about 2 weeks I finally got a notification from my Fitbit APP for an update. Once I did the update, I was able to add Spotify to my Charge 4. You have to have a premium account to use it though, just FYI. 

Best Answer

Did you post here before the update or was it automatic?

Best Answer

I just purchased my charge 4 and once again as many have had here....

iPhone Spotify app up to date, Fitbit up to date according to phone app, batteries at full charge...and the ever looming greyed out install buttons. 

please update the firmware

Best Answer

Hi,

I’m having the exact same problem. Got my Fitbit Charge 4 yesterday and the ‘Spotify’ option is grey despite me being a Premium member and all updates on my iPhone being completed.

Best Answer

I’m have the same phone and having the same issue...but everything else seems ok so far

Best Answer

Having the same issue with an iPhone X. When I first connected it to my phone it said it was downloading and installing an update, but options are still greyes out. I have to go outside of cell phone service for a few days, hope that doesn’t mess up the background download!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It didn’t install at first but after the 3rd day, Spotify finally
installed. Thanks all! Looks like only resolution is to wait for 2-3days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit Moderator, I just bought the charge 4 and I am experiencing the same issues. My phone is compatible, the app is up to date, and so is the Fitbit. I ran out of other ways to troubleshoot this problem my charge 4 just can’t download Spotify.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Waited 48hrs?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok got it, thanks! It just alerted me that I am able to update the tracker. I hope this will allow me to install spotify!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've had my Charge 4 for two weeks+ and I have deleted, re-installed, and tried and tied again to fix this problem. I have not gotten an update or anything helpful to fix it. Please let me know how this can be fixed. 

Best Answer