Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Weather app not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, Fitbit engineers! My Fitbit Ionic’s weather app is not working! The only image I get in the list of hours is a 3/4 filled orange thermometer. No temp. No cloud/sun. Just that thermometer! Please help! I tried re-syncing it nope! Resetting my ionic nope! Please help!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Everyone on this Fourm: I Found a solution to my own problem The same day The problem occurred (sunday) After factory reseting it I tried restarting it and as i restarted it i synced it right after it booted up! After That I looked back at the weather it had all Cleared up. It could have been an errored sync, Weather service fail, time change bug, no WiFi connection to Ionic, or Just the app in genral. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@Wolfey8844, have you tried giving your Ionic a restart ?  Do it 3 times, ideally.

A restart can fix many issues.

Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working today too.  😞 

I reset it 3 times, waited an hour, reset it 3 times again......nothing. 

Best Answer
Yes I did Nothing happened it still showed the orange thermomiters!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Apparently restarts aren’t fixing this issue. 

Best Answer

The weather app has a bug. The only things that will fix it, but only temporarily, are extreme measures like removing the Ionic from your account and adding it back. Even then, it only works for a few hours. I hope fitbit fixes it, but they're not well known for fixing bugs, unfortunately. I wish they would at least allow me to remove the app from the watch.

Best Answer

I just spent over 30 minutes chatting with customer service.

After trying many things, uninstalling the app, removing ionic from the app, jumping in a circle, (LOL!) nothing works. The weather app doesn’t work. 

I am returning my ionic, I’ve had it it with this! 

Best Answer

Returning the watch just because the weather app is having difficulty? Seems a little extreme.

I had this issue about two weeks ago and found out the issue was with the weather station in my area and the data that was coming from AccuWeather. All I did was change to another weather stations and everything worked fine. When I had the issue yesterday I noticed I had the same issue with AccuWeather on my phone so I figured that was the reason for the issue and today everything on the Ionic and phone is working again.

Did you also make sure location services were activated on your phone as I think this is how the location syncs up with the app as opposed to using the Ionic GPS.

Best Answer

@rfjouben For those having this problem, it's not caused by lack of reporting by Accuweather. If you go into the Weather app inside the Fitbit app on your phone and try to add a city, none come up. When the Weather app is functional, and you type a city name in, the app finds a list of possibilities for you to choose from. Also, mine has been broken for over a week.

Best Answer

I was offering this as a possible solution as all I know was I had the issue yesterday when I was having issues with AccuWeather in my area and today both are working fine. If you have been having an issue for more than a week and AccuWeather is working on your other devices that you may be having a different issue.

Best Answer

@rfjouben wrote:

Returning the watch just because the weather app is having difficulty? Seems a little extreme.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I returned it because the non working weather app pushed me over the edge. The fact that I have to restart the watch every morning because the screen won’t come on, the fact that I still couldn’t upload my music to the watch, and the fact that it’s basically an overpriced fitness tracker are the reasons I returned it. I thought it was a smart watch, as advertised. 

Hopefully one day the ionic will will be a smart watch, then I may buy it again. 

Best Answer

@rfjouben wrote:

Did you also make sure location services were activated on your phone as I think this is how the location syncs up with the app as opposed to using the Ionic GPS.

Yup. I was on with customer service for over 30 minutes, they had me do everything except sacrifice a virgin to the gods. After working with them, they couldn’t help me. 

Best Answer

@Wolfey8844 Welcome to the forums!

@KarenLeah @Wolfey8844 @meresydotes @rfjouben Thanks for attempting some troubleshoots on your own.

If you are still seeing the orange thermometer where your stats should be, could you please post a screenshot along with the day you noticed it wasn't working?

For anyone else who is seeing this with the Weather app on Ionic, I would recommend performing a restart as @Julia_G suggested. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would unpair the Ionic and set-up again.

*Please note, I would not recommend performing a Factory Reset at this point. 

@Julia_G Thanks for the help! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

This started yesterday. 

A12D5A48-0286-4419-96E5-DF7BD6DA4C98.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone on this Fourm: I Found a solution to my own problem The same day The problem occurred (sunday) After factory reseting it I tried restarting it and as i restarted it i synced it right after it booted up! After That I looked back at the weather it had all Cleared up. It could have been an errored sync, Weather service fail, time change bug, no WiFi connection to Ionic, or Just the app in genral. 

Best Answer

@Wolfey8844 You might want to check it again. I did several things along those lines - removed from my account and added again; uninstalled and reinstalled the app; cleared my phone cache. Everything worked for a few hours, then it stopped working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya its fixed I fixed it yesterday at around 5:00 PM UTC (Central US) It made it through the day with no sync, no WiFi all day at school!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wwather syncs fine with my ipad, but wont sync with my samsung s4. I only have had this issue since the last android app.

No city listed or no location listed. Input my city and finds nothing, wont even show up or do a search.

My ipad it works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@meresydotes wrote:

@rfjouben For those having this problem, it's not caused by lack of reporting by Accuweather. If you go into the Weather app inside the Fitbit app on your phone and try to add a city, none come up. When the Weather app is functional, and you type a city name in, the app finds a list of possibilities for you to choose from. Also, mine has been broken for over a week.

The same problem here. The weather app is totally unfunctional.  When I open the app on the Ionic, just says "sync the Fitbit app to update" - but I'm syncing all the time and nothing shows. When I open the Fitbit app on my phone and go the Weather app, there is nothing there it just says that the app is installed. I have no options to chose the city, nothing! I'm very disappointed. My location on the Lumia 950 is always ON. 

Fitbit Ionic, Lumia 950, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer