Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Weather app not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, Fitbit engineers! My Fitbit Ionic’s weather app is not working! The only image I get in the list of hours is a 3/4 filled orange thermometer. No temp. No cloud/sun. Just that thermometer! Please help! I tried re-syncing it nope! Resetting my ionic nope! Please help!!

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Its been broken for ages and fitbit have so far refused to fix the situation and another reason i got a samsung gear sport as everything works.

Fitbit seem to be very slow in fixing issues and another reason i have bassically abandoned fitbit.

The orginal issues are not fixed and the weather app as i see important put the nail on the coffin. Ita been out months and still broken

Best Answer

Now I re-install the mobile app and the Weather app works now. I don't know how long it will, but it works for now.! I just opened the Weather in the mobile app again and set up on the "current city" because it won't let me add the new city. 

Fitbit Ionic, Lumia 950, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
0 Votes

This started when I downloaded the new operating system.  Anyone found a solution to it using the new OS?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try syncing with the app open on the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Weather app on iphone works perfect, but no locations show in the ionic weather app. I have been searching for a solution for god knows how long but nothings that really works.. 

Best Answer

Same problems with the Weather App on the Ionic. Worked great for 6 months. Now, says sync with app. When I sync the app the only thing that appears are blanks and the message to sync. Hmmmm and no one seems to now how to fix it? Probably not going to be a repeat purchase. 

Best Answer

I have had a great experience with all of the apps so sorry to here your situation is not the same. What I have discovered is some sync issues are directly related to the stability of the WiFi network so you may want to check these settings 

Regarding you question on rebooting, that is always going to be a recommended solution for any computer device. Essential errors occur in systems coders did not expect so tasks get “stuck”.which takes up system resources and memory. Rebooting starts everything from scratch unsticking the task and giving the system a clean slate. The long and short of it is it usually works so that is a great place to start your troubleshooting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not say 'reboot', I said hard reset.

Here is the issue, Fitbit has done one of the sloppiest embedded OS development jobs I have ever seen. I cannot afford to do hard resets very often (nor should it be so necessary). I have apps with synchronized data that took a month to sync to the device in the first place. A month. I attribute this to Fitbit OS and not the developers because they (fitbit developers) have set the pattern. Two months ago I updated some of these apps and am still waiting for that to sync.

I regularly reboot. Far too often in my opinion. Benefits of Fitbit reboots are hilariously temporary. Fitbit needs to make an actual effort to address these problems or go out of business.

Moderator Edit: Format
Best Answer

Every firmware on anything, when its updated, you should always reboot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

of course, who said not to reboot? the issue is 'hard reset'. also, one can only tolerate rebooting so often. daily (or more) is excessive when compared to competitive devices and with Fitbit, still does not resolve many, many issues.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to post the details of the situation you are experiencing with the Weather app on your watch.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Denodan @rfjouben Thanks for your sharing your help and experience on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Somehow i got it working, but i have no idea how i did it.. i re-connected the watch a few times to the phone, did some resets, and somehow it suddenly started working..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

This weather app has been less than useless (takes up space, but never syncs). I have had my ionic for 10 months and the weather app has never synced.

Working great for me, I use it all day and it's always synced and accurate. 

Picture just takenPicture just taken

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krisje Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to come back to this thread and share your positive experience regarding the Weather App functionality on your watch. Also, thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this, I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

@Giampi71 Thanks for sharing your great experience on this thread. I'm really glad to read and see that it has been accurate for you as well! 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy
Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This weather app has been less than useless (takes up space, but never syncs). I have had my ionic for 10 months and the weather app has never synced. Of course, with fitbit, I no longer expect their apps (and notifications and syncing) to work anymore. Fitbit prefers to ignore stability and working functionality in preference to new devices, insignificant features or unnecessary interface changes.

Update: why is this unsolved issue marked 'solved'? ridiculous workarounds are not customer friendly solutions.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Since you were created a support case, if you are still having inconveniences, please reply to the last email received. Our support team will be more than glad to further assist you. 

Have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved problem by changing iPhone 6 location services selection from “when using”to “”always”.  Worked for me.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Gordo48Robot Very Happy I'm glad to hear that this was solved after changing the location services on your iPhone 6.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The weather app on my Fitbit was not working after last update; deleted the app from iphone & reinstalled. Worked fine after that...

Best Answer

Hi @BigShel, it's nice to see you around here! I'm so glad to hear that the weather on your Fitbit Ionic started showing up after you reinstalled the Fitbit app on your phone. Thanks for letting us know what has worked for you. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes