Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks App ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does one get the Starbucks App for the Ionic? I would have expected to find it listed in the Fitbit App on my phone under "All Apps", but the apps listed there are only:

• Timers
  • Music
  • Strava
  • Exercise
  • Today
  • Alarms
  • Weather
  • Coach
  • Relax

At first I thought maybe US only, but this thread states "North America only".

Moderator edit: added label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It turns out that changing the "Location" setting to "United States" in the Fitbit phone app has no effect, at least with regards to getting the Starbucks App installed.

I changed the "Country" setting  to "United States" in the Fitbit web portal.  Went to the Fitbit phone app which then had a message saying that not all Apps had been installed and proceeded to install the Starbucks and Pandora Apps to my Ionic watch. (without having to redo the initial setup)

This in no way lets Fitbit off the hook from fixing the defect. I can foresee that having the Country incorrectly set to United States causing problems for other apps, such as Fitbit Pay, in the future.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

It's nice to see you around the forums @SunsetRunner! Smiley Very Happy Ready to use Starbucks? 

As you mentioned, Starbucks app in Fitbit App Gallery is US/Canada only. However, to install the Starbucks app during initial setup, you must tap account settings and set their country to US.

Try this little step and let me know if your Starbucks app is there afterwards. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing the Ionic watch from the Fitbit app. Setting the location to "United States". Add the Ionic watch back to the Fitbit app.  Setting the location back to "Canada". Hardly a "little" step.

Why doesn't the Fitbit phone app refresh the "All Apps" list after changing the location to United States, resulting in the Starbucks Ionic watch app now being available to install to the Ionic watch? How are new Ionic watch Apps ever going to appear in the "All Apps" list of the Fitbit phone app if the only time the Fitbit phone app refreshes the "All Apps" list is during the initial setup of the Ionic watch?

The Starbucks Ionic watch app is supported in the United States and Canada. It should be available to install on the Ionic watch to anyone with a location of "United States" or "Canada". The fact that it is not is a bug that Fitbit should address, not ignore and have their customers bypass with a work around.

Best Answer

It turns out that changing the "Location" setting to "United States" in the Fitbit phone app has no effect, at least with regards to getting the Starbucks App installed.

I changed the "Country" setting  to "United States" in the Fitbit web portal.  Went to the Fitbit phone app which then had a message saying that not all Apps had been installed and proceeded to install the Starbucks and Pandora Apps to my Ionic watch. (without having to redo the initial setup)

This in no way lets Fitbit off the hook from fixing the defect. I can foresee that having the Country incorrectly set to United States causing problems for other apps, such as Fitbit Pay, in the future.

Best Answer

Apart from that, I travel to the US regularly and would. Love to use the Starbucks app. Unfortunately neither the android app nor the fitbit app is available because my home location is in the Netherlands.

While I know I can't use the Starbucks app to pay in Dutch Starbucks, I do venture into areas where the app would work just fine. London, Seattle, mist recently Orlando. It's a shame they won't allow us to simply access the app, but warn it will only function in some regions, just like the pay app, which doesn't support NL yet, but does get installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eureka!  I've been having this issue since I first got the watch.  I live in the U.S. and uninstalled a few apps to free up space, but wanted to retry Pandora and could not reinstall them.  I had to set the country to US in my web portal profile.  Thanks @SunsetRunner and @jessehouwing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I did to get the Starbucks on my fitbit iconic was change the country from UK to America and it was on my phone under all apps,and it works 

Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you based in the UK? Did you find that switching it to USA caused any issues, or is it just a one time thing to access the App?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there yes I'm in the UK and have no issues switching to the USA in fact
I've left it on there as it has more apps and the Starbucks apps works fine
Hope this helps
Regards Paul

Paul Arnison
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Nigel 

Yes I'm on the UK and switching to the USA caused me no issues in fact I've left it on there as more apps and the Starbucks apps works fine you also can get the Pandora music app 

Hope this helps Paul 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching works (for now), not sure what happens if/when my bank adds fitbit support... But it's a stupid thing, these restrictions. Even if the starbucks app would only work in the UK, US, Japan and a few other countries that support the starbucks card, LET ME USE IT. I know it's not accepted in the Netherlands, in that case just make sure it's labelled Starbucks International or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes