Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfline app setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did anybody successfully installed and run it?

I did everything and it either tells me I have to login, or that I have no internet/permission.

All is in place, yet it is not working. Developer contact's info brings to a generic Fitbit help page...

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

@agsurf5 wrote:

Did anybody successfully installed and run it?

I did everything and it either tells me I have to login, or that I have no internet/permission.

All is in place, yet it is not working. Developer contact's info brings to a generic Fitbit help page...

@agsurf5 Are you a registered Surfline user with favourites saved? You’ll also need the Surfline mobile app, with your favourites saved in it.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner yes. Premium member, registered, with the app on the phone.

Is it working for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@agsurf5 Yes, it works for me. I've literally just signed up for an account just to try it out 🙂

There was a small delay after  launching, when it asked me to sign in but as I'd already done that on the phone, it then loaded my favourites.

B8C0C24B-98AD-40A4-978C-DDBAC44410B4.jpeg

Looking at the apps required permissions, it needs internet and run in background. The way it appeared to work, it needs to log in to your account, via the phone app, and then download the data, all in the background on your phone. It then sends the data to the Ionic app. So, you’ll need a good internet connection and the required permissions, otherwise I can see it not working.

Best Answer

All permissions are in place, internet working. All good, yet not running for me. Tells me I have no internet or permission.

There are some issues with phone and watch communications. I am developing some app (to count waves), but it is not reliable because of that. I guess I am running in similar issues with the Surfline app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am running into issues with my fitbit versa... 

Registered, saved favourites, added them to the app on my phone, but says I need to check permissions even though they're all correct for use... 

Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @alycat712! Are you having issues only with Surfline app? Have you tried to install a different app to see if you get any trouble?

Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.

To see these steps in action, watch the following video:

If the issue persists, I'd like you to please send me screen shots of the error you're getting so I can go from there. Smiley Wink

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi! Thanks for your response!

I have checked through the system and I can't see where i've gone wrong. I've signed into the app, Permissions are set correctly, and I am attempting to set up the Surfline app at home with stable wifi, but it's not working still. 

Another issue i'm having is that nothing from strava is connecting to my fitbit versa at the moment, but thats not soo big a deal. Just would be good to have all my data in one place.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @alycat712! Can you please send me some screen shots of the error message you get?

When you go to your Apps on the Fitbit app, and tap on the gear icon that is on the Strava app; do you see "authorization state: connected"? 

Also, please note that only GPS activities will sync to your Strava app on your watch.

The possible solution would be to start from a clean slate. Meaning that you need to revoke the access of Strava from your Applications settings, using your online Dashboard. Once you have done this, proceed to set up your tracker back to your account. (Is not require you remove the tracker from your account). Just follow the steps to add a new device from your Account Tab. This post might guide you through.

Don't worry since your information in Fitbit won't be lose. What I'm trying to achieve here with these steps, is to clear the information from Strava so the correct date shows in your exercise. Now just to complete this process, access to the Application setting in your Fitbit app and go to Strava App. Tap in the gear icon and review if your Strava account is Authorized. If is not, this is exactly what we are looking for. Go ahead and authorized one more time the Access from Strava and review if this time your information is correct.

Your Fitbit activities will now appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats. Use the Strava app on your watch to see your last 10 run, bike, and swim exercises tracked by Strava. If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see Can I export my fitness data to my computer?

Hope this helps my friend! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the Surfline App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I confirm, the app is broken. I suspect the recent update to Fitbit OS could have caused. But it should be the developer to adapt its app to the next OS.

Best Answer

Yep, this app is now broken for me too. The watch keeps telling me to log in on my phone, yet phone shows me logged in and all permissions set. 

Definitely one for the devs to fix 

Best Answer

Same! It’s telling me to login and permissions when I have done everything. Hopefully they can fix this ASAP 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cd2w @Giampi71 @SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well and welcome to the Fitbit forums @Zach.S! Thanks for reporting this problem with the Surfline App. Thanks for checking that all permissions and Internet are correct.

Please try uninstalling the app and then re installing it. This might help you sorting this out. If you keep experiencing trouble afterwards; we will need to wait for the developer to release an update with a fix. I was looking for contact details for the developer, but there are non listed at the Fitbit App Gallery.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Thank you.

I did everything you asked and unfortunately it still doesn’t work.
Hopefully the developers fix the problem soon.

Thank you
Zach
--
*Cheers*
*Zach Sanders*
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Surfline App has an update.

Works again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,

The update still hasn’t fixed the issue. I’ve tried everything but still
won’t log on and tells me I’m not connected
--
*Cheers*
*Zach Sanders*
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zach.S Thanks for your reply and for letting us know that the app has a new update. I'm glad to hear it is working properly for you again.

@Zach.S Thanks for your reply as well and for trying the steps provided. It's unfortunate to hear it is still not working properly.

What kind/model of mobile device are you using? 

After the update you did the app is still not working. Have you tried uninstalling the updated app and re installing back? That could help you out.

Also, make sure your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
ATM I’m using the iPhone 6.

I’ve done everything uninstall and install, log on and out and still won’t
work.

Thank you
--
*Cheers*
*Zach Sanders*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I concur. Surfline is still not working, even after update. Despite phone showing logged into Surfline, the Ionic app keeps saying to Log In.

Edit - it suddenly started to work. Not sure what happened or why but I left the app on the screen where it was telling me to log in for about 30secs and then suddenly it refreshed itself. So, it may be that it defaults to telling you you’re not logged in while it attempts to connect via internet. Whatever, it’s now working for me.

Best Answer