Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I live in the US and the weather app on Fitbit charge 3 shows Celsius and I need it in Fahrenheit. My units are all u.s. measurements like feet, miles, ounces Etc but the degrees for the temperature are in Celsius. How do I get it to read in Fahrenheit?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We've updated our documentation to specifically address this concern. See the instructions listed under "Weather" in this help article.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

Welcome on board @Saykeys88, it's nice to see you here! Smiley Very Happy Let's try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
  8. Tap "Done"
  9. Tap "Back" in the upper left corner
  10. Tap "Charge 3" in the upper left corner
  11. Make sure your phone synced the new setting to your tracker by verifying the sync time is shortly before the current time. If not, you'll need to manually sync (scroll down and tap "Sync Now").
  12. Verify you see the temperature in Fahrenheit now.

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Anyone know why there are 3 different temperstures showing and what they mean? The manual nor app description explains. I guess at least one of them is «fealt temperature».

Screenshot_20181025-224431_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  That worked!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@M55ikael

The biggest number on top is the current temperature, the smaller numbers  are the lower and higher temperature expected for the current day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Lots4ever! I'm glad to hear the steps worked for you! Woman Wink

Hey there @M55ikael, it's nice to see you here! My friend @Giampi71 gave the right answer to your inquiry! Woman Very Happy Top: Current Temperature, Left: Lower Temperature, and Right: Higher Temperature expected for the day. 

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Well, thank you that was so helpful and concise and easy to follow instruction. I appreciated it very much...

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer

Thanks to @Giampi71 for a great explanation! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted @Lots4ever!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app says fahrenheit but my versa says celcius. I've tried to sync and it just dpins and doesn't change

Best Answer

Welcome on board @smplocher, it's nice to see you here! To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

Thanks! 👍🏽😃 That was simple! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @DeppForever, it's nice to have a new member around! I'm glad to hear you found the instructions easy to follow. Happy to hear your temperature is showing correctly on your Fitbit device. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have that icon I'm the upper right corner...I can't find used account settings

My watch still shows Celsius

Best Answer

Do you have a solution for the Versa?  When I pull up apps, I don't see the weather app on my fitbit login page; however, it's an app on my phone and I would like it to read as fahrenheit.

Thanks

Best Answer

I tried this a the icon in the right corner only shows notification and messages when I hit it does not show anything else. 

Please help.

Thanks

Deborah

Best Answer

When I open the app, the only icon on the upper right corner is my inbox. There is no settings icon. Not only are my temp units in C instead of F, the connection to help site sends me to a Spanis page. 

Best Answer

Thank you thank you!!

Nancy Page

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem,  my versa 2 will not change from celcius to Fahrenheit.  I've used the steps recommended and synced and it still doesn't change to Fahrenheit. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same.  My app is set for Fahrenheit and up until a day ago my watch showed the same.   Overnight it is now showing Celsius on my watch but still Fahrenheit on the app ... appears you didn't get a response on what is going on. 

Best Answer
That's correct. I didn't get a reply. When I go to the weather icon it shows Fahrenheit but on the clock face shows celcius.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer