Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tennis app 0 out when idle for a while (Practice mode)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to prevent this, sometimes I just want to take a break.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@MajesticFrank Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with the Tennis app.

That is strange. Keen to hear if any other users are experiencing the same?

What you can try is uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. That helps in case this situation is not intended by the app.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

The tennis app will close while I'm in the middle of a match and keeping score. When I go back into it, I can not resume, I have to start a new game.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paul500W I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time for posting the situation you are experiencing with this app. I understand this is not convenient when playing tennis.

I'd recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. This has helped other users in the past. Please try that out and check if that will happen once again.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have tried that but it doesn't seem to work, after a while of inactivity, it just kicks me out of the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheMajestic Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the steps provided above in order to sort this out. Thanks for also sharing the details about the situation you are experiencing with the Tennis app.

The Tennis app is a Fitbit Labs app. Fitbit Labs is a Fitbit Research initiative focused on developing and testing potential Fitbit features in the form of experimental apps and smart clock faces designed to motivate users and help drive behavior change.

These apps and clock faces are experimental in nature, so you might experience minor issues, and they might be available for a limited time.

Please feel free to send your feedback through this form. This way, the developers will know about this and can possibly work on a future update for this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR I've uninstalled and re-installed the app as well. It seems like when the watch knows you are exercising and moving it stays in the app and keeps current score.

Also if you go to the home screen of your watch and then back to the app it asks if you want to resume. The problem I've found is that when I stop moving (change over or in-between sets) the watch goes to the main watch's home screen and then when you go back to the app it won't let you resume. 

I have tested the app by just going into it and putting in some games (acting like I'm playing a match) and then go out of the app and back in and it will resume. I really believe the app stops/crashes when it is detecting you moving a lot then you stop, it seems to think you stopped and it stops and won't let you resume.

Its a great app but I hate when it crashes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have filled out the Fitbit laps feedback about this app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Paul500W! Thanks for sharing your findings and for filling out the feedback to this Fitbit Lab feature. Man Wink

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys,

I really love this watch, it's nice, it has all the major feature a sport should have, has good battery life, good display, so it's just perfect. Unfortunately I face the same issues with the Tennis App, playing, keeping the score, and suddenly the app is gone, and then cannot resume. tried to reinstall it, to restart the watch, but didn't help. Also filled out the feedback form more than 1 month ago, but never got a feedback. Such a shame, the app is great, it seems to recognize the stroke quite well. Would be fantastic if it wouldn't break out of the app during match, or at least be able to resume. I'm using the Adidas edition, not sure if it makes any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes