Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber app has been released

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today May 22 2018  The Uber app has been released in the ionic app Gallery.

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

It's great to see you around @jpmaxwell! Yes, it's so exciting to hear that Uber app has been released. If you have any additional question about how to use it, you can learn more about it by checking this article How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

Hope you can continue participating in the Community! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Silviafitbit   Question. Why do I have to put out a message that the "Uber app"

has been released, The Company should.   

Can you find out the answer.

Thanks  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @jpmaxwell! Fitbit may not announce every app when it's released, since the app gallery is continuously growing. 

Hope I continue seeing you around! Robot Happy

Best Answer
How about if you can help the Ionic owners out. What we need is a category of
“ JUST RELEASED APPS “
According to my ionic there are 186 apps available so once Fitbit releases a new app and just puts it with all the apps under no specific category it’s very difficult to find
I’d appreciate all the help you can do I’ve requested this in the past and they still haven’t done it

Jim
Best Answer

Thank you so much for your feedback about apps that are being released by Fitbit @jpmaxwell. I've noticed you posted it in our Feature Suggestion board Better browsing in app store, this ideas has been reviewed by one of our moderators and it already has some votes. I can't provide you with a time frame about when this will be improved but I can confirm this hasn't been unnoticed. 

Your patience is appreciated. Robot Happy

Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't agree more. Latest apps section is necessary!

Even a simple blog feed with a list of every new app released would be helpful.

Best Answer

App Gallery to busy to send out a message to Ionic or Versa customers.  There has not been a New Ionic app released since May 24. App count for Ionic   186.    How many people work in app gallery 2.  Too busy to get the word out.  Sad.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My uber login is my google id. When trying to login to uber in app setting you only get Facebook option. Any idea why? No integration with google!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THere is a huge price mismatch between the app and the actual uber app. I consistently see +5$ difference on the watch. I dont know if Uber does this on purpose or its something else.

Best Answer

Do you have to have your phone with you to use the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes since the app (watch) uses phones data connection, it doesnt have any simcard of its own. So for any app which needs internet data you will need to have your phone with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi. I just bought versa and came across the uber app. I noticed that we can only access two saved places that are home and work... so is it possible to access more of the saved places in the mobile app via the watch? will there be an update later including this feature of multiple saved places????????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kayan97 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for downloading the Uber App by Fitbit and for posting your inquires on this thread. 

You can select more location aside from your work and home (which are the preset locations).  If you haven't done so already, please go to the Uber app on your phone and set any preset locations you would like to have.

Once you have done this, on the Uber app on your watch, tap the current location shown on the watch and it should show the preset location you previously set up on the Uber app on your phone. 

You can also select any recently used locations or even select your current location which is detected using the GPS on your phone. If needed, tap the "Swap From/To" button to swap the pickup and destination addresses. Please feel free to check this helpful article for more details on this. 

@bklynmarathoner It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Yes, just as @Skangal informed, you need to have your phone with you for the app to do things such as getting your current location for the app on your watch to be able to set it up for your trip. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I loaded the Uber app onto my new Ionic this morning and logged into my account via the apps on my phone. Then when I go to open on my ionic it starts loading and then goes back to the app option screen.... so it’s not actually opening. 

I tried removing the app and restarting everything and then downloading it onto the watch again, but still no luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Kevthekool, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! 

I'd recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic, then try to download your apps again. If the issue persists, take a look at: How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having issues with the Uber app on my Versa.

The most important is that I'm unable to request rides through the watch. If I choose "current location" it forever tries to find me, but never is able to. If I leave it at the default "home to work" presets I get a "Not connected" message alerting me to verify the Fitbit app is open and Bluetooth is enabled. I've verified that both are.

As others have stated I too am unable to add multiple places to the watch. I made a couple preset locations in addition to "home" and "work" but none show up on the watch itself.

I've checked all the settings and permissions, restarted both my phone and Versa numerous times and I've even not only reinstalled the Uber app on my Fitbit, but I've done a factory restore to see if that would fix it. Nothing has worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @JTMitchell87, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Thanks a lot for all the steps you've tried so far. Nice way to go! 

While reading your post I was wondering if you've tried what @SantiR has posted here? If you can send me a screenshot showing the messages you're getting in the Uber App?

Looking forward to your reply! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've already done everything mentioned by @SantiFitbit prior to posting my first message. 

Here are the three screens I'm getting:

When trying to select my current location it never moves past the "checking your location" screen.
mxKduYU

Then if I choose from "Home" to "Work" I get this one for about ten seconds.
ixoFJQJ

Until then it switches to this.

zkvVEIG

Best Answer
0 Votes