Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber app has been released

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today May 22 2018  The Uber app has been released in the ionic app Gallery.

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Hello

have installed uber app, current location is not detected. Other app like weather and map have current location working fine, all settings bw phone and Fitbit versa are working fine.

anyone has any idea of what’s going wrong?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again all,

After trying several times more I still cannot get it to work.

is anyone able to escalate this to the support team for me please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd just like to post an update;

I noticed there was an update to the Uber app while fiddling around with the Fitbit app on my phone. I'm unsure what changes were made on their end, BUT there is some progress.

While I am unable to request rides using the "Home" and "Work" saved places, I found that I can now use "current location" to bring up my address and it now shows "Unnamed road" in what I can only describe as a "recent locations" list. (It also shows my home address on this list). If I select those two options the app on my Versa works perfectly.

So... It's halfway working now. I've tried deleting my saved places on the actual Uber app, then reloading them, but the issue still remains. Whatever fixes are being done seem to be working, but it would be amazing if I could just click "Home to Work" (or vice versa) and skip the extra couple steps currently required.

Also, it's still not able to load other saved places I have through Uber, but honestly as long as I can get to work and from work straight from my Versa I'll be happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! My friend @JTMitchell87 is right. Our team has identified and released a fix for those of you who were having issues with opening the Uber app. Please try the following steps to ensure you receive the fix:

• Remove the Uber app from your watch by uninstalling it through the Fitbit app
  • After, you have to reinstall the Uber app (you will see this version: 1.0.9)
  • Make sure you complete a new setup 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello,

Even after adding saved locations to the uber app on the phone you still can only select home and work on the uber app on the versa 2.  

Best Answer
0 Votes