Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Spotify app on Versa series

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I purchased my Fitbit Versa yesterday. I’ve been trying to install Spotify but it gives me a red banner saying I need to ensure everything is up to date to be able to install the app. I’ve made sure my Fitbit and the app is updated and that my Spotify app is also updated, but it still won’t let me install the app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @aseverino. Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know that the Spotify app is unable to be downloaded, as well for the message that you're receiving. Although you've made sure that everything is updated, please make sure your phone has the Fitbit app version 3.13, and your Versa is updated to OS 4.1 (70.7.14).

If that's correct, please try the following steps:

1. Remove your Versa from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app:

For iOS devices, see this article.
    For Android devices. see this article.

3. Reboot your phone and restart your Versa.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Versa.
  5. Tap on Sync now and wait until the process is completed.
  6. Try installing the Spotify app one more time.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery so you can receive more related responses about this situation and to keep our forums organized.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t allow me to download Spotify on my new fit bit Versa lite. It’s saying that I need to update the app and device but both are updated??

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Versa. Only really wanting to connect Spotify.

When I search for Spotify, the install button is greyed out (can't press to install).

Both Fitbit and Spotify apps are up-to-date, and as far as I can tell no update needed for the Fitbit (firmware version 32.33.1.30).

What do I do? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @elinorhardman and @Leilani_. Welcome! It's great to see new faces around.

Thanks for sharing the issues that you've had with your watches, as well for confirming that you're not seeing a pending update. Let me explain that to install the Spotify app your watch has to be updated to OS 4.1 (70.7.14) and the Fitbit app on your phone to 3.13. If you have a previous version, that might be the reason why you're seeing the request to update to the latest version.

At this moment, I'd recommend to sync your watch regularly with the Fitbit app so you can be invited to the latest firmware update. If this doesn't happen in a couple of days, let me know so we can try other steps together.

By the way, I've moved your poss to this thread to keep our forums organized.

Please keep me updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @LizzyFitbit. My fitbit updated two days ago and I was able to download the spotify without any problems. 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi @aseverino. It's great to see you here!

You're welcome and thanks to you for updating your Fitbit to install the Spotify app. I'm glad that everything is now working. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make friends and find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Catch you later! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

I’ve checked & all updates are up to date and it still won’t let me download Spotify

Best Answer

Hi @elinorhardman. It's great to see you again.

Thanks for your efforts as well for keeping me updated about this matter. Since the Spotify is still not able to be installed despite having updated the Fitbit app to the 3.13 and your Versa Lite to OS 4.1 (70.7.14), I'll need you to provide me with the following:

• Your phone's model and OS version.
  • A screenshot of the message asking you to update. You can attach it in your reply with the instructions described here.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes