Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Spotify for Versa Lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I just got a new versa Lite yesterday and just downloaded the Fitbit app. It is saying I need to make sure my app and device are on the latest update to install Spotify. Since I just got both, they should already be updated. Any help is appreciated Thx

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I’ve just got my Fitbit Versa and I’m trying to download Spotify. I keep getting a message that reads “to install this app, make sure the Fitbit app on your phone and your Fitbit device have the last ear update.”
No updates have come up that need to be done, all day syncing is on, the Fitbit app is up to date. I have tried logging out of the Fitbit app, restarting my phone and logging back in but I still get the same message. 

I have an iPhone Xr 

Best Answer

Hi @WxThom25 and @Shaneigh. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing that you got a Versa Family watch, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. Let's work together on this. As you may know, our team regularly releases updates for the watch or the Fitbit app that enhance its performance and allows you the usage of other apps installed in your watch. That said, could you please verify the version running on your watch? To do that, open the Fitbit app, tap on profile picture > watch image and confirm if its version is 70.7.14. If that's correct, give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove your watch from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and sync your watch.
  5. Try installing the Spotify app one more time.

By the way, I've moved your posts to the Fitbit App Gallery board as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey!
Thank you for your response, I couldn’t work out how to say the post/
problem was fixed!
I kept my Fitbit app open and after a day or two a new update became
available and I could download Spotify once it updated my app.

Thank you for your help though
Best Answer

Hi @Shaneigh. I hope you're doing well.

That's fantastic news! Thanks for your efforts while working on this and I'm glad that you were able to install the Spotify app n your Versa. I'm sure you'll enjoy this feature.

In case you have time, let me invite you to the Health & Wellness board. In this board you'll be able to tell your stories, make new friends and start your own topics.

I hope to see you around more often. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't install the app either. Brand new versa lite that I ran an update on last night.

I'm connected to Windows 10 app on my laptop because the bluetooth won't connect on my phone.

The app says I'm on version 33.1.30. I go into the Help section and run a check for updates and it says my Versa Lite is up to date.

Yet when I go to install the Spotify app it is still greyed out with an indicator that both app and watch need to be up to date (with a Learn More link that goes nowhere might I add).

I bought this Versa Lite to replace my Charge 3 which the bluetooth was failing (both phone and laptop). Very frustrating to be having issues right out of the box as I'm having issues with the Uber app as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you received the update mentioned above @CaptJnet 

Best Answer
0 Votes