Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install third party apps on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Fitbit community

I have several Fitbit versa two that I've been using for a project, and since a couple of weeks ago, I've been unable to install a third-party app (that I've developed) on some of the bands. I'm asking several people to test my app with my bands, and people are creating Fitbit accounts, so they can also test Fitbit by themselves. Some of those people are faced with the issue of the inability to install the app. It's not a general problem, and it only happens in some of them; it's not phone model related since I've already tested it, and I only have Fitbit versa two bands.

When I enter the link where the app can be downloaded and installed, In some cases, it is prompted a message saying that the gallery did not review the app, and so it's an untrusted source app. I know it, I was the one developing it, but I don't want yet make it publicly available. Please check the image below, where you can see (in german) that the install button is greyed out.

So my question is, why is this happening now, and how can I overcome it? I want to install it, and I do understand the risks. Where is the setting I need to change to allow me to install the app?

Thanks for your assistance

print.png

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @spacexdragon. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your third-party app. I appreciate you for sharing the photo showing what you receive when trying to download the app. 

As a first approach, I suggest making sure the Fitbit devices that are receiving the grey button have their Versa 2 devices up-to-date. Running old firmware versions may lead to inconveniences like the one you described. On Versa 2, find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info. The most FW version should be 72.1.23. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?

In addition, I suggest taking a look at this help article How do I set up and troubleshoot app son my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes