Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading an image

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to upload an image I made and want it viewed to show both the person and text.

However, it is always cropped or resized in a way that spoils the look and the idea.

What are setting I need for this image?

jd sq.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello there @leear, it's nice to see you around! 

If you cannot add an image you've made, I'd recommend to take a look at the help article: How do I develop new apps fro the Fitbit App Gallery? 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not wish to develop a new app to solve a problem with the Fitbit  upload process or software and lack of information protocols. 

All I wanted to do was to choose and image to upload and not have it chopped.

Am I asking too much?  Did you try to upload the image I sent? Do you understand the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @leear! If you're trying to upload an image directly from a third-party app on you watch, we'd recommend to contact the developer of the app.

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly I'm not explaining myself very well on this.

The photo I posted on the thread is an example of an image, I am trying to post to our community.

The image is being sent from a Windows 10 pc and a Chromebook. However, when I try to upload it to fitbit it chops the image to a box and gives me no control or information on how to get this image layout visible (so it would have both the image and the text).

It should be a simple and basic thing that most people would like to be able to do.

So if you copy my image and try to upload it, you will see the problem as you can not get BOTH the person and the text in the fitbit frame. So please have a go and come back with a solution Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @leear, thanks for the details provided. In order to add a photo to your reply, please:

* When you're in the reply page, click on the Photos icon. 

AddPhoto1.PNG

* Then, click on the Choose File in the middle of the grey window that will pop up

AddPhoto2.PNG

* Search for the photo on your computer and click on Open.

AddPhoto3.PNG

* Once the image shows up in the grey windows, select the size and the position (1) and click on Done (2)

AddPhoto4.PNG

If you're referring to the Community Feed and not the Community Forums, I'd recommend to take a look at: What should I know about the Fitbit Community?

Let me know if there's any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is how I uploaded the image to this thread and forum. Smiley Happy

Now please take the photo that I added and add that photo starting from the App. (and hopefully you will see what I'm talking about) Smiley Happy

See your starting point photo to add a photo 🙂 add your photo via the photo function on the app and see what it cuts and advise on how I add the whole image and text :-)add your photo via the photo function on the app and see what it cuts and advise on how I add the whole image and text 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit app only allows for square image format. Also, you can't zoom out from the image so you won't be able to make the image smaller than the 'frame' in the app, if that makes sense. You'll have to use a photo editor to create black bars on the top and bottom of your image to force it into a square format, then upload with all the details intact.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is an edited version of your photo with black bars around it. You should be able to resize this in the app so that both image and text are visible.

Untitled.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes