Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 can't log into Alexa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Amazon Prime that is connected to my cell #

I have another (by accident) thru my email

When I go to connect to Amazon thru my Fitbit App it won't accept my email. Says it's already in use (it's mine). There's no place to enter via my cell.

Therefore I can't use Alexa on my Versa 2 one of the reasons I bought it. I spent over 90 minutes talking to the tech team at Amazon to get the same result. This email is already in use. So now I'm turning to you. Please...any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time!! Cheryl P.S I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10+

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Can we get a screen shot? 

Usually an already in use message comes when the user is trying to create an account, rather then log into an account. 

You want to log into your existing account. 

I can not find an Amazon app for the Versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what comes up every bloody time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20191218-043717_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's for a Versa 2

Not an Ionic 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like your Amazon app is logged into your phone number. As you say, your email is associated with a second Amazon account. 

I suggest contacting Amazon or try a modifier to your email. 

Add a period first.laat@gmail.com. or before the @ add firstLast+fb@gmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jmclucas what issue is that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My amazon account is my phone number and not my email... so I can't seem to use alexa 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can go to your login and security and easily add an email account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried but I cant, it wants me to log into my account with the email address but i dont know password

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this on Amazon through the web? Have you checked your saved passwords? 

Amazon has a forgot password recovery option. Have you tried that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same exact problem and had spoke with 2 techs from fitbit and amazon. They did not help at all. I figured it out on my own. If you have the amazon app on your phone (im positive you do, I too have the samsung galaxy s10+) you have to go in and log out of the app in order to sync your versa 2! I hope this helps

Best Answer

I am having trouble with the same thing. Mine says their was a problem with my password even though I have changes d the password multiple times. 🤔

Anyone have ant tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This actually worked for me! Signing out from my amazon app on my phone and then logging in onto fitbit Amazon Alexa! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Pasent! I just saw your reply to others about your quick tip. I've been trying to login to no available 'same as others above' and using your tip actually worked! YAY!!! Thank you so much, as you've saved this watch from being flushed down the toilet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. the problem is it's trying to get me to sign into Amazon.com not .co.uk which is where my account is.  Fitbit need to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ellen07886 as you say, this is something for Fitbit to fix. 

You should reach out to Fitbit about this. 

I'm very surprised that Amazon doesn't have their different servers linked better. I would have expected that one login would work for all and no matter which site things would seemlesly work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes