Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thank you all for sharing you feedback about this topic related to Fitbit Coach.

I'm glad to let you know that Fitbit Coach app has been removed from all smartwatches (from US, UK, Canada), and should no longer be accessible with means you shouldn't have any problems with the Coach app being stuck either on the Fitbit app or your watch, as you've been reporting. Please note that it'll be removed internationally soon.

If you notice something different, please let me know so we can help you out with this.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

Hello @cpe33 and welcome to the Help forum.  I'm surprised that you can see the app in the App Gallery.  When a few users said they couldn't find it, a moderator confirmed that it was removed from the App Gallery.

Please stop trying.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I cannot see the app in the App Gallery but the Fitbit app keeps trying to
install the Coach App to my Versa 3.
Best Answer

@cpe33   I'm sorry that I misunderstood your post.  This is not a guarantee, because I am a fellow user and can't reproduce your issue.  If you tap on your profile picture > your Versa 3 tile > Apps > put the toggle on My apps, can you choose Coach and then remove it?  If you can't, please contact Support for more help.  Please don't do another factory reset unless you are told to do this by a Support tech.  From time to time, I have seen posts where a factory reset bricked someone's device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue! This began after the most recent firmware update. The coach app within the Fitbit app has been trying to update for 2 days now, and since it began trying to update my versa 3 battery has been draining very quickly. Fitbit is removing coach from the actual Fitbit app at the end of July and has removed the coach app from the gallery on the actual device. For some reason coach has not been removed from the actual Fitbit phone app as yet. I’ve contacted customer support and have not had any luck sorting out this issue.

So far I have:

- uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app from my phone

- removed and re-added the device on my Fitbit account 

- unpaired and repaired the device with Bluetooth 

- ensured that both devices are using the same wifi network 

- restarted both my phone and the watch

- ensured my phone software is up to date

Please help! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and have tried the same things. How do I get the Coach app to stop trying to install??? Mine started after recently updating firmware. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating indeed.

A80550B9-F51C-4C3D-ACDE-6F1D1FFEFF7F.png

Best Answer

I have the same problem, doing my head in

Best Answer

The app on my phone is stuck in a loop of updating the coach app.  I can’t stop it, even to delete.  I have tried all suggestions that I could find, force stop, reinstall, different device, different WiFi etc.  Any suggestions welcome

Best Answer

Same problem here. I think it started after the latest firmware update.

See also this thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-3/Versa-3-Coach-app-keeps-trying-to-install/td-p/4853214

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I did the install this week, the Coach app does not finish installing.  It just has the moving pink search for a while and then I get the message that an app did not finish installing.  How do I fix this?  By the way, I do not use Premium or the Coach app.  Thanks!

I am having the same issue as you.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

HELP

Fitbit app keeps trying to install the Coach App to my Versa 3.

and, NO it is not possible to choose the app and uninstall the app.

just says after a while : "some apps cant be installed. do you want to continue the installation?"  later or continue is the choices to make.."

and both options have been tried many times. it started with last firmwareupdate for the versa3

Best Answer

HELP

just says after a while : "some apps cant be installed. do you want to continue the instsallation?"  later or continue is the choices to make.."

and both options have been tried many times. it started with last firmwareupdate for the versa3

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening on my Versa 3 as well! It’s so frustrating. I saw an older post where they recommended logging out of the app, restarting phone then logging back in to the app. That did NOT work for me. 

Best Answer

HELP

just says after a while : "some apps cant be installed. do you want to continue the installation?"  later or continue is the choices to make.."

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Same to me. Could not re-install Coach app. But still see a red bar continuous running 😞7E6078CB-A918-466D-969B-3FCCA65F43EF_1_102_o.jpeg

Best Answer

My battery life is atrocious now as this app is constantly trying to install.

no statement from Fitbit regarding this shoddy update.

Fitbit can you please look into this coach app issue. My battery life is terrible now as it’s trying to install it constantly.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hello @MarreFitbit 

I have done everything that has been suggested as well and it seems that the issue is related to the Fitbit Coach app being stuck in a "downloading" state. Not only is this issue preventing me from installing other apps, it is actually draining my watch and phone battery at an accelerated rate. I am unable to cancel the download of the Coach app and cannot seem to get it to pause downloading either. If you would like, I can share a video of what I see on my phone.

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

Same trouble here too !

Best Answer