Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

Hi everyone, this issue has been affecting my Versa 3 for weeks since the latest firmware upgrade. I have performed factory resets, removed the Fitbit app on my iPhone, unlinked the Versa 3 from my phone and more but it seems this issue cannot be resolved.

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s all over the Coach website - coach.fitbit.com 

I honestly don’t get why this is so difficult for them. Just give users the option to delete the Coach app from their phone and it puts an end to all this hassle. I’m going to start reaching out to my contacts in consumer campaigning because this is just not acceptable. Sparing one of their very many developers to sort this out is not an unreasonable expectation.

No, I think most of us have been through those steps. Fitbit are aware of the issue but don’t seem to be interested enough to sort it out.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
No and like you happened after the same update and done same deleted app and reset watch to factory settings still same

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since you are still looking into it, Please edit @SilviaFitbit post and remove the “Answered!” tag from it. Thank you for correcting this. 

Best Answer

No, it is not fixed.  Updated Fitbit app.  Still happening. 😡 The amount of notifications on my phone about the Coach app failing to install is ridiculous.  Hoping it is completely off the watch on July 30th.

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue.

Fitbit..... What are you waiting for, this issue is preventing us from using the full potential of our watches. 

Best Answer

Still not solved. It is ridiculous how bad the service from Fitbit is. However, I will contact Amazon about the options to return this watch. I can only summon everyone to return their watch and ask for the full refund. The way they treat customers is horrible, why should we treat them better? WE have paid for the watch!!

Best Answer

This is not solved, i will say that fitbit should replace the watches that have this issue, and the main reason for that is that the lifetime on the watch will be reduced due to this issue. + the phone. This issue is killing the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh come on! Resolved!? The issue is not resolved. You don’t seem to understand our issue!  After Fitbit’s last update, on our Fitbit apps, the app attempts to constantly upload a non-existent Coach app which is draining our batteries and preventing us from up loading other apps. In addition, all day long, every day, we contend with the “Unable to install” message, urging us to “try again later “, and the message stating “We were unable to update / install one or more apps. Please try again later”. We didn’t ask for this app to be up loaded in the 1st place!

You need to fix this issue immediately!  This is unacceptable and you may smuggly sit there and think you’ve handled this issue, well you haven’t!  I’m about done and very frustrated with this situation. Your people on Chat aren’t even aware of this situation and don’t even have a clue the old Coach app ( separate from the Fitbit app ) is not supported by Fitbit any longer!  That tells us you don’t give a rip about addressing this issue or even taking it seriously. Great way to treat your customers, Fitbit. I knew I should have bought an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Could not agree more. It’s so annoying and more so draining the battery this reduced life of Fitbit. Maybe that’s the plan as we will need new watch quicker so they can get more money from us. Well guess again as will get Apple or similar next time sick of it all only for the versa 3 as the charge 4 I had was having strap issues which was reported and after 5 replacement watches changed to the versa 3 

Best Answer

SOLVED - But you may not like it. 

SO after doing everything to resolve the issue, like so many others, i had tried reinstalling the FItbit app, Factory reset the phone. I even factory reset my Iphone!!! Nothing resolved the issue, it reappeared the minute i set the Versa 3 up again. I began to think that it was linked to my account. 

So today, i unpaired the device from Bluetooth and unpaired this from my fitbit account. I logged out of my fitbit account and than set up the versa as new account with a different email address. 

NO MORE COACH APP TRYING TO UPDATE 😄
The whole layout of the appstore had changed for me also. Seems like we were stuck with an outdated profile. 
Deezer and Agenda were the only two apps updating when starting with the new account. For me, they took too long first time round. So i closed the app and opened again, re-sync and they updated succesfully.  
This has also fixed the issues with my device failing to sync. Its like it all works again.... im shocked. Its been soo long with a device that doesn't work.

As i said, you may not like it, as you wont have the history data in your account. 
IF fitbit do ever rectify this issue completely, we can always remove it from this new account and place it back into the old. For me, im not fussed. 

Give me a Thumbs Up if this helps 😄 😄 😄 

Best Answer

Ugh, that’s rough. This is definitely “Throwing the Baby out with the Bathwater” sort of solution… But if nothing else… sigh…

Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up ... unfortunately wont work for me 

IT IS FOR FITBIT TO RESOLVE 

There enough of us on this message board expressing our views

COME ON FITBIT GET THIS RESOLVED  

Best Answer

Well found!

If Fitbit don't get it together soon, I will try this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do nothing to resolve the issue with Coach, just excuses, and no help -  the only thing that comes to mind when I think about Fitbit, is anger and frustration.  So furious at the shoddy (non) customer service, sick of calling and getting BS answers - last Fitbit I will ever purchase (this was my 5th upgrade - upgrade is now a joke)!  

I have been asked several times in fitness classes how I feel about my Fitbit - boy do I give them an earful.  

They keep replying that the issue has been resolved, but NEVER respond what the user can do to resolve it.

Best Answer

Coach App still tries to update for my Versa 3.

A new fitbit account is no solution for me.

Best Answer

I absolutely agree - this a problem Fitbit needs to resolve once and for all!  This is Fitbit’s problem; they created it. 
There are so many of us with this issue, but when does Fitbit come out and say “we are working on this issue”? Why have they not offered to assure us?  I think I’m more angered by the lack of an official response!  Where’s the  ownership of responsibility!
Ugh!  It’s like talking to a wall. 

Best Answer

Work colleague asked about my Fitbit today and whether I recommend it or not.

Guess what my answer was 😂😂😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I don’t want another email account, and all the changes that come with that.  I also am not rich that I can afford to spend my money on faulty products.
I have noticed that “customer service” is disappearing soon some of us will be saying remember when they used to put the words customer service together and it meant that when you spend money on a product and you needed help - you could get it from customer service.
 I would hope that people thinking of purchasing Versa 3 see these and think twice.

Best Answer

Fitbit has said in another thread that Coach is defunct now and will go away July 31. I hope that’s true as I’m tired of the messages every day saying an “app could not update.” I wish Fitbit staff would comment here and confirm this. 

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer