Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App - No Celsius

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE:

Just noticed you can now change units in the FitBit App. Here you can go to 'Account> Advanced Settings> Units' then go to length and Kilometers is there.

I am sure it only used to previously be in the WebPortal part and not in the app.

So if anyoone else is struggling to find how to do it, this is how 🙂

FIRST Question

Previously was able to get gthe weather app to show in Celsius by changing length to kilometers. Now in the main account preferences can only select Feet/Inch of Centimeters and no matter what you select, you only get Farenheight.

This is no good in the UK, as we generally work in Celsius, so have no idea what the temp is.

Please fix this, as someting as simple as a weather app really should work with simple settings in place on a device of this value.

Anyone else found this is no longer possible to change? Any ideas on work around?

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

Just got my Fitbit to show degrees. Tried to insert image of unit screen so you can see set up but unable to.

I changed my length to CM & KM, resycned and now the weather app is showing degrees 🙂 Screen shot

Best Answer

Thank you!!!  Fahrenheit was killing me😅. Now I actually know what temperature to expect outside in Celsius and how to dress for it.  You rock!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! Farenheit was killing me😅. Now I actually know what temperature to expect outside in Celsius and how to dress for it.  You rock!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lian3wrote:

Thank you!!!  Fahrenheit was killing me😅. Now I actually know what temperature to expect outside in Celsius and how to dress for it.  You rock!

Only good if you use Kilometres for distance, the Km would kill me more than the Fahrenheit. As a result I've ditched the weather app altogether, rather than not have a clue how far I'm running.

If you would like to vote for the suggestion for Fitbit to fix this issue you can here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-Celsius-units-on-weather-app-without-havi...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting Davem10.  After having read multiple posts from runners in the UK, I now appreciate your dilemma.  In Canada, my experience with distance has been in kms so the change to Celsius based on distance works.  I do appreciate that the two units should not be tied together; seems illogical.  For me, though, the change worked and satisfied my needs.  I hope Fitbit comes up with a solution for UK runners soon!  All the best!  😊

Best Answer

@Lian3wrote:

Very interesting Davem10.  After having read multiple posts from runners in the UK, I now appreciate your dilemma.  In Canada, my experience with distance has been in kms so the change to Celsius based on distance works.  I do appreciate that the two units should not be tied together; seems illogical.  For me, though, the change worked and satisfied my needs.  I hope Fitbit comes up with a solution for UK runners soon!  All the best!  😊

Very glad it works for you @Lian3 I hope Fitbit fixes it soon for us in the UK too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. Do you know how to change the clock to 24hr?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this can only be done by changing the clock face. In app, click on your Fitbit in top left and go to clock faces, there are 24 hour clocks in there. I’m not sure of any other way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Thanks for this. Do you know how to change the clock to 24hr?

If your clock face allows you to change to 24 hour clock then the setting will be found in your Ionic's advance settings page in the app or online. If there is no option listed then you will need to change your clock face to enable it. I know the classic Gauges clock face does allow you to change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way off topic. In France, they don't allow girls to be named Liam. I see you have Lian as your handle/name. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes