Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App will not keep added city

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So got my ionic on Sat.. Not any major issues sofar.. But the weather app does not seem to hold a city I add.  It shows my current location.. I go into the app settings on phone, add my home city it finds.. Sync and go into weather and then it shows me current city, and swipe and can view city I added.

I then look some time latter and only the current location is listed, go into app and my home city is missing.  Add it again and sync and there it is..

I have done this 3 times now..

Anyone else having this problem - any suggestions, solutions to keep from having to put in home city so can always check that along with current city in.

Moderator edit: label added

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Yeah this app is just junk..

So I checked it when I got home last night and city changed, but still showed my added city.  Check it again this morning at work and my added city is gone..

So this app is just useless for anything but the city you are currently in via gps..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've noticed this and commented on it before. You can't add your current location as a city, you need to add your home city when you're somewhere else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I have added it believes in different city.

Schaumburg, IL it shows me hoffman estates.  Add schaumburg, it lists both hoffman and schaumburg... Go to work in Downers Grove... It only Shows Downers Grove.  And Schaumburg - it lists both.  Go home - it lists hoffman and Schaumburg.

Come to work this morning and only thing listed is Downers Grove - go to add city and all blank..

Clearly this app not ready for prime time.

My only guess is if checks weather while I am in Schaumburg per GPS it wipes it out?  I will try adding a city like Vegas or Paris that is no where close.

Ok so now have Downers Grove (current location).. And I have added Las Vegas NV, and Schaumburg IL... It shows all 3 of them..  Lets see if all 3 here tmrw when I come back to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I just want this app gone... Its useless to me if it can not keep my home city in it..

But the remove is not even listed...  Arrrgghhhh

Best Answer
0 Votes