Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App - wrong Current Location

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Picked up my Ionic when I arrived home from a trip to Newcastle. I live on the Isle of Wight. My weather app is showing my current location as Gateshead near Newcastle. It's the other end of the country. How do I change this or do I need to move to Newcastle?

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Mine shows the next town over to me in the U.S. I had to manually enter my town in the app on your phone then it found my town.

Best Answer

Yes I can do that but the first weather I see is Newcastle. I have added my home town but have to scroll to it.

Best Answer

Is there a way to keep the Fitbit ionic constantly connected to the Fitbit app so the weather app stays up to date? Was mildly annoying to open the weather app on the ionic saying its fine outside then opening the door to see it was raining. It shows a last synched at (time) even with the app open in the background on my phone. Is there a way to keep it connected so it stays up to date minute by minute without opening the app to get an updated status? 

It is a little thing gut would be nice if there was a fix. There not being a function to keep the screen on full time is a bother for sure though even if it would kill battery like nothing elts.

Thanks for any help Fitbit family! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wierd. The weather app on my Ionic is up to date every time I open the app. It's updated through your wifi or Bluetooth connection on your phone whether the phone app is open or not. I have 4 locations and when I just opened the app 3 were updated 6 minutes ago and one was updated 36 minutes ago. It's uploaded from AccuWeather so I am assuming it's when the AccuWeather site updated the info.  All of the sunrise times and hourly forecasts were correct. 

Best Answer

The weather app is not updating the current location. Not sure what I need to do to fix this?

Best Answer

I believe I had the same or similar problem.  Even though my steps were syncing, I thought it might be a syncing issue.  So, I did the following to fix it.  It may be overkill, but....

1. Try the simple way: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866 (Go through the numbered steps)
  2. If that doesn't work, get more aggressive: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/RESOLVED-Ionic-Syncing-Issues/td-p/2218143

IMPORTANT: As always, (if you can) make sure you're all synced up before you do either step.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue.

Yesterday it considered to be in Huntington Beach, this morning in Kips bay.

I am in NYC..... EDIT apparently Kips bay is nearby where I am (Gramercy park). Never knew in 18 years of NYC..... So I guess it works well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I was traveling yesterday and the weather app updated when I got to my destination but when I came home today the weather app did not update current location. I think the weather app still needs some help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. It thinks I am in Tivoli... I am in the Netherlands. I may make a recommendation to @Fitbit... You need to include location intelligence that is ACCURATE in the OS. As someone that works with LI and geomatching on the daily... I recommend Pitney Bowes. Apparently, FB, Twitter, and TripAdvisor think they are good at it 😉 Bring in the best solution for the job, don't skimp on the cheap stuff.

Best Answer

Weather app still not syncing on a regular basis. Every morning it shows no weather information and says to sync to update. No matter how many times I sync it does not update. I think Fitbit was going to release this for Christmas and then heard the new apple watch was going to be out first and pushed the release three months early. This has to many basic issues for this to be a planned release. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi everyone, I've merged a couple threads together on the weather app not syncing and/or not updating to the current location.

Do check out the set-up and use weather app help article if you haven’t already. If you have everything set up and it's still not updating to your current location, let me know, I'm happy to review this further. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bad link to nowhere. Can fix the link or post again with a good link.

Best Answer

My weather app hasn't updated in about a week. I've restarted both my Ionic and phone 😕

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your link is not working for instruction on the Weather app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed today that the weather app is connected to the weather on your phone. I have a samsung GX7 from Sprint and it uses Accuweather. When I was out traveling and I updated my phones weather and then sync'd my fitbit app it showed the new location on the weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no real location for weather map what to do to correct il

Best Answer
0 Votes

You gave a bad link.‘invalid parameters comes up. I need to resolve the issue of the weather app giving the incorrect city and state

Best Answer