Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic Syncing Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: The issue resulting in syncing trouble for Ionic users has been resolved. If you're still having trouble with syncing, please check the steps in this article.

Good morning Fitbit Ionic users! Thanks for flagging the syncing issue with Ionic. Our engineering team became aware of an issue that affects syncing for some Ionic users. We are making progress on a retroactive fix for this and look forward to resolving this as soon as possible. 

If you'd rather not wait for the system updates, you can use the following workaround:

1. Go to your phone's Bluetooth Settings and remove Ionic from the list of Bluetooth devices
  2. Open the Fitbit app and remove Ionic from your Fitbit account (Account>Ionic>Remove) upload.png
  3. Next, setup your Ionic watch again 

For those of you who don't have time to try the workaround, rest assured that our team will fix this issue.

Don't let this bump in the road get in the way of reaching your health goals for the day! I will keep this thread updated with the latest.

Appreciate your patience, everyone!

Best Answer
186 REPLIES 186

My Ionic stopped syncing yesterday and I can't get it to reconnect.   What settings do I need to check to make sure my phone and Ionic are communicating?   I've tried stopping and restarting everything, unpairing and pairing, but nothing.   Hopefully this is just something obvious I'm missing.

Best Answer

since the firmware update this morning mine is now saying tracker not found when i try to sync :'(

i think maybe buying on release wasnt my best idea!

Best Answer

just wanted to add it seems to be an issue with my phone/the app. just synced with the PC no trouble at all.

Best Answer

Yes syncing seems to be very temperamental, I've been having trouble since I got it. Never had these issues with my blaze. Seeing as so much is  done through the app, syncing needs to be spot on. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Same here. Such a shame as is was running perfectly last night. Hope it’s sorted soon. Back to the surge for me for the time being

Best Answer

im ust hoping it will sync with my home pc as itll be a long weekend of not knowing if gps has worked on my walks otherwise. seriously frustrated now and regretting the upgrade

Best Answer

Yes definitely an issue, I've just spent the best part of half an hour trying to force a sync, but nothing. I even tried my tablet but still no luck. Restarted the Ionic multiple times, cleared app cache etc. Sync issues are completely unacceptable.

My last sync was 15:05, since then it's been tracker not found.My last sync was 15:05, since then it's been tracker not found.

How are we supposed to update the tracker software if we can't even get it to sync?..... 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
I can see us having to restore from the beginning

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same problem here. Not syncing since the update. Spose This is why you wait a bit before buying a brand new product. Back to the charge 2 until it all gets sorted...

Best Answer

Here is what's working for me.  I make sure my Ionic is synced with my iPhone and then I have it sync with my PC.  It seems that the PC app will show that it is looking for the Ionic, but as soon as you refresh the App (via selecting the Ionic from the top right menu and then selecting the Ionic from that drop down option, pause, and then select the Dashboard), the Dashboard is always in sync with my iPhone's app.

ANyway, that has been working for me.  I had to do this a lot even when I had the Blaze, so nothing really new for me.  Personally, I have NOT had any glitches with my Ionic....

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
I cant go back to my blaze because i gave it away this morning when my
ionic was working correctly :,(
Best Answer

I gave mine away too.  Stay patient people, FitBit will get it all worked out.  I don't regret my purchase and love my new FitBit Ionic! 

Best Answer
I love it too and i expected bugs i was told by my gamer fella to expect a
lot of bugs thats the price to pay for new on the market items. But not
being able to sync my data that is the most basic thing they need to get
right. So yeah deep in regret here but not at the ionic itself just my
timing.
Best Answer

I updated right before bed last night when the latest update came out...haven't had a problem yet.  I'm sorry for all of you that have, that is very frustrating.  I agree that an inability to sync is definitely a no go, and it makes me sad since when this is working (like it has for me) it's such a great product.

I really hope they fix this before official release.  I know that will be little comfort for those who have preordered and are having major problems, but if they have this fixed by then (assuming it is indeed software issues), at least it wouldn't be much longer.

If they don't fix these issues by then, and especially if they are widespread, fitbit is going to have a major headache, and in turn, so will we, the users.

Best Answer

The trouble is, how are fitbit going to fix it if we can't even sync the thing to update it. Surely we we need to sync to install the update with the fix?.... Luckily I have a new Ionic on the way, I'm thinking to hold off setting it up until I'm sure the update isn't going to brick it. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hey, remove your ionic and reload it like you did when you got it.  Fixed everything for me! Try it and let me know! 

Best Answer
Hey, remove your device and reload it. Fixed mine perfectly!

Veston Patterson
WAR EAGLE!
Best Answer

I removed the Ionic from my account, then performed a system reset and then started the setup process again. The Ionic is now able to be found, but it now seems to be doing another update. Thanks to @JVP0002 for the idea, hopefully this will work after it's all set up again. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Did you lose your steps doing this?
Best Answer
0 Votes