Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather, Strava, or Apps that Need Updates mare not Showing Data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Ionic, with latest firmware. It is syncing with a Microsoft Windows 950XL. The syncs work fine, and the heart rate and exercise stats are readily available on my phone following the sync.

However, any of the apps on it, such as Weather or Strava have any data in them.

The Weather app is identifying where I am, and that's it. It says I need to "Sync the Fitbit mobile app to update"

The Strava app says "No recent activity Record a run to see a list of your recorded activities here"

I have!!!! And I can see those runs in the "Today" app when I flick back, and can review on the website.

My Irish Rail app says first it is "Retrieving the timetable of a stop near you".. then fails with "it seems you dont have a connection to your phone..but I obviously have as I can sync it both before and after trying to use the app!

Help please!

Moderator Edit: Format/Subject for Clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Irish_John I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic apps. I'm glad it is syncing its stats properly. 

First, please check that you have "location services" on on your phone. Also, make sure you have a solid Internet and Bluetooth connections (these are needed for proper functionality). That should help updating the apps you are using, specially the weather one.

Strava needs an authorization to be completed for it to work with your Strava account and then sync for the recent activity to show in the Strava app on your watch. Please check this helpful article for more details on this process.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

All. of these were already checked, and all are as should be.
Thank you for your attempt to help.

Please excuse brevity or typos as sent from my Windows 10 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and confirming that everything was already checked and as it should be @Irish_John! However, I'd like to ask if you're still missing your data from those apps?

If so, I'd recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

Also, make sure that your tracker is running the latest firmware version. You can find more information in the article: How do I update my Fitbit device? and What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Additionally, it would be great if you can take a look at: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for suggestions, but seems to be a little bit of a repeat there from previous moderator. I already reviewed that App troubleshooting guide as suggested.

What is different is that when I go to Weather app on Windows Phone, latest version, there is no cog to configure weather, nor can I uninstall it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Irish_John Thanks for your reply and for providing those details.

So, when you tap on "My Apps" and swipe down to the Weather app; there is no gear icon there to access its settings? Can you share a screen shot of that?

Also, can you please tell me what version of Windows you have on your phone and what version of the Fitbit app are you using? Make sure you are using the latest one.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is this a let down by the app, or the device? I uninstalled then reinstalled the app on my phone. Hey presto I thought. Weather working,..checked Strava...nada, zip, rien, and then next day weather was back to it's usual message. Are there any professional fitbit technical support people on this community forum? John.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this with us @Irish_JohnI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Good News, and Bad News!!! Fab news is I got a new Fitbit today and set-up with new phone, new app. All apps now working, including Strava integration. I can see all my runs and cycles. Rail app working too, as is Weather one.

Bad news is WHY I had to have my Fitbit replaced (big kudos to to Amazon.co.uk who replaced it immediately). I went swimming in sea last Sunday and watch went dead after that...in less than 3 metres of water!!

So mods, any info on why that would happen??

WooHooooo again though on app!

Regards,

John.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sante

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Marre

Best Answer
0 Votes