Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

Thanks for jumping in here @Fpfender@LYDF, and @Donkeylady2000! Can you clicked on the link I've shared above or followed the steps provided by @Mister.J? See my image below:

weatherapp.png

Let us know if they work for you and your device, we'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I can't change my weather to Fahrenheit. Someone suggested changing unit length to miles instead of kilometer. That didn't work. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1. Open Fitbit App
2. Upper Left corner click on your device
3. Select Apps
4. Select Weather
5. Select Settings
6. Select Fahrenheit / Celsius

Go all the way back and sync your device. That should do the trick.
Best Answer
I will try...thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. After a recent shutdown of my fitbit, my weather app reads in Celsius even though my distance is in miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still doesn't change.  I have tried it at least a dozen times and it still stays on celsius.  It is so frustrating especially when technology is so advanced yet it can't change temperature from celsius to fahrenhiet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @arms1 and @Bdg88! If you've tried what @Mister.J suggested, I'd appreciate if you can verify if your Versa is already running OS 2.2 (32.32.12.24) or if you have Ionic, verify it's running OS 2.2 (27.32.12.24), and Charge 3 should be on (1.44.33)? If so, try doing the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Let me know if this does the trick! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
This worked for me. Thank you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello there!

1. Open Fitbit App
2. Upper Left corner click on your device
3. Select Apps
4. Select Weather
5. Select Settings
6. Select Fahrenheit / Celsius

Go all the way back and sync your device. That should do the trick.
Best Answer
I totally found it under the apps! Thank you so much. It still isn't
changing right now but I am a teacher and we have funky wifi here! I'll
try this as soon as I get home!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @arms1Robot Very Happy I'm glad to hear you found it!

Thanks for all your help @Mister.J

Don't hesitate to post back if you guys need further assistanceWoman Wink

Best Answer

It worked! Thanks!

Best Answer

This worked.  Thank you, thank you.

Best Answer
Yes I have fixed the problem in Apps under weather. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @arms1@criis88, and @NJeanRob! I'm happy to hear that the steps worked for you my friends. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My OS is running 32.32.12.19. So clearly, it's not up to speed which may explain the issues I'm having. How do I upgrade the OS? Thanks.

PEL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @pelevy, it's nice to see you here! Well, start charging your device before updating it, since updates can take several minutes to an hour and are demanding on the battery. Note that if you update your device at midnight (when your step count resets) you may see an inaccurate step count for 24 hours.

1. Verify that the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet. 
  2. With your charged watch or tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
  3. Tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  4. Tap or click the pink Update button. You'll only see an option to update your device if an update is available.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete. If the update is slow, don't remove your device from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
  6. If the update process won't start or if it starts and then stops, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

For details about each type of update, see What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? and What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Birdzmail! While reading your post, I was wondering if the tips and recommendations provided along this thread have helped you?

Looking forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a great help! It was easy and I had it fixed in seconds. Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes