Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

Thanks a lot for you lovely comment @arms1! I'm glad to hear you're back on track. Robot Very Happy

Happy Holidays! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat.my new versa is reading in celsius also and i can't find an option to change to US degrees.Now i know how the brits feel...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Julie2ry, welcome! Smiley Very Happy Yas! I'm glad to hear that the steps worked for you. Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

You can adjust the type of units used for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims in either the Fitbit app or the fitbit.com dashboard:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Units.
  4. Choose the type of units you want to use for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims.

Fitbit.com Dashboard:

1. From your fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon.
  2. Choose Settings > Personal Info.
  3. Under Advanced Settings, find Units and choose the type of units you want to use for your height, weight, water consumption, and swims.
  4. Click Submit.

Now, to change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Fitbit as a gift, would be nice if the temperature could be in celsius and distance in miles as has been pointed out as that is what we use in the UK, not sure why this is taking so long to make a simple change Fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @DinkyDoo! Have you updated your watch? When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius. However, you can change it now.

After updating to OS 2.2, some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. 

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your apps scroll down click on WEATHER app then settings.  You'll find it there

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have made all updates that fitbit has sent so I guess I'm current. I just
made an update a couple of days ago in fact.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change the temperature from  Celsius to Fahrenheit 

I went to the apps section, but nothing comes up.

TIA!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @snowkat59! While reading your post I was wondering if you've recently updated your watch? If so, after updating to OS 2.2, the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. 

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect! Thanks so much for walking us through it, step by step! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MICHIGAN USA

I got my versa for Christmas 2018 and can not change the temp to show in Fahrenheit.  It shows Celsius. I am in the usa. I have eveything selected in our measurement system and it still shows Celsius.  I changed the length to meters and it did not change. I went back to yards or feet or miles, what ever my other choice was and nothing.

Update: I figured it out. Tapped on the device and then settings and then units: Celsius or Fahrenheit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my lengths set to miles and my weather to Celsius. I want to change weather to farenheit and it's not changing. What do I do. I have a versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to change via app on phone:

For Fahrenheit/Celsius from home page select account (card looking icon)

Tap/select versa

tap/select apps

tap/select weather

select settings  choose Fahrenheit or Celsius.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa when I tap on the device just will make me replace it it does not give me any options. What can I do? I want Fahrenheit. Thank you for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @WorkinT1961 and @Talllgirl! Have you tried what @LYDF and @Cbclegacy suggested? Please make sure you're following these steps one-by-one:

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which can't be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  5. Sync your device with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your device.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  5. Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

Hope that helps, let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa.

1. Tap on watch in the right corner by account pic

2. Tap on Apps

3. My Apps

4. Weather

5. Settings

Update: Versa doesn't work that way.

You can't get to apps by account.

I have to tap on the picture of versa next to account.  The rest of the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much.

It worked!   Happy New Year!

Update: How do I do am update?

Best Answer
0 Votes