Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202
Thanks. I am not sure why but it is showing up now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app setting is in units and location is on.  I have had my Versa for two years. It used to be correct. Now it is not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are 2 places for apps - on my phone and by accessing fitbit.com on my computer. When you say, open the app - in which location?? I have checked both - my phone and my computer - and the weather app does not show up under apps. The weather app currently reads in Celcius even though I am in the US.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as you do.  My settings are in units, location USA.  Weather is not in fahrenheit.  

This is not a resolved problem FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Open up the Fitbit app on your phone.
Then tap on the little watch symbol on the top left corner of the screen.
Now you will see 5 little squares that say clock faces, apps, media, how
to use, and accessories.
Tap apps square.
Scroll down to weather
Tap on settings
And where it says unit with the little arrow you can go to either Celsius
or Fahrenheit.
😄😃😀🤭🤟😚🤓🤪
Best Answer

Go to your acct. Click on the versa lite or whatever watch you have and click on apps, click on weather and click on settings.  This is where you can change from celcius to fahrenheit or vise versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks worked great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I Tried your solution to change my Fitbit Versa 2 from farenheit to celcius and the change happened in the app settings OK so I selected "Done" and then synced my Versa 2, but it still shows readings in farenheit on my temperature reading on the watch using my chosen "Data heavy" watch face display, but when I select the Weather app on the Versa 2 the temperature is in celcius.  Namely the "Data Heavy" watch face shows 59 degrees and the temperature in the weather app shows 15 degrees, (15 degrees celcius is 59 degrees farenheit). 

Is this a bug??

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know about the versa 2. Sorry
--
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your
paths. (Prov 3.5-6)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Robjoby ,

the method describes, and that you apply, has effect only on the Weather app.

For the clockface you use you need to check if there is some settings (accessible from your clockface section of the Fitbit app on your smartwatch). If not then then clockface doesn't support the independent selection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa says celcius my app says farenheit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried changing to kilometers but my charge 4 will not change to Celsius.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t help me because I put my location in on the weather on the goji active app but it’s doesn’t change the f to a c it still say kj I live in the UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in Canada but I often run in miles And weigh in pounds . It looks like I should have the ability to choose Celsius, but even when Celsius is chosen on the app settings and in my general settings On the watch it still shows in Fahrenheit .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the UK, have tried changing all my measurements to every alternative option, and the weather app is still reading Fahrenheit for me. This is incredibly frustrating. I can work in miles or kilometers but Fahrenheit means absolutely zip to me!  I see this problem has been going on for years... are we likely to see a resolution?

Best Answer

@Nikki_Martin — what kind of Fitbit do you have?

I just tried changing my Sense from F to C, and it didn’t seem to work. (Switched using the iPhone App, click my profile in top left corner of Today screen, selected my Sense, selected apps, scrolled to Weather App, settings, changed from F to C).  

First I made sure I synced (Sync Now in Account) so the change would carry over to the watch.  But when I scrolled to the weather on the Sense (swipe up from clock screen) it was still F.  Rebooted iPhone and the watch, but no change.  

Scrolled back to Weather on watch (still F) and tapped it for more detail. Initially it opened to F, but THEN, changed to C.  And now it is at C where it is supposed to be.  

(After that first switch, which required me to actually open the weather app on the watch for more detailed screen, I was able to switch back and forth from C to F, and the watch updated immediately after syncing).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

My distance is set to miles but my sense still stays in census instead of Fahrenheit. 

My sense has the opposite...been trying to get it to change yo Fahrenheit. I've changed the distance to miles...& the rest to US standard. My watch refused to switch to Fahrenheit. 

I've changes all units to the US standard & my sense is still on celsius. I couldn't get my watch to change to Fahrenheit. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiggerrr- You can change the temperature for weather as follows

Fitbit App => Profile photo => Device photo => Gallery tile => Device tab at the top => Weather => Settings => Temperature units

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn’t work for me. When I open my account all I can see is App settings. When I go there there is no Weather. I can go into Units and can see is set on Fahrenheit, but the watch is still on Celsius. Any other advice?, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never mind. I found it. Is all good now. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes