Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't update on my Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can’t seem to get the weather app on my fitbit sense. I keep getting the message to sync my mobile app to update which I have done, but it still doesn’t work. I have the weather app updated on my mobile app and still nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner - just in case you missed a few steps to remedy the issue.

Did you restart the watch, and logout of the Fitbit App and restart the phone and sync?

Did you also try removing cites from the Weather app Settings?

If it is weather built-in your clock face try it's settings or another clock face.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @daltonio 

I’d check the settings. Open the Settings app on your paired phone and choose the Fitbit app.

1. Verify you set Location access permissions to Always or Allowed all the time. And allow the Fitbit app access to Bluetooth, Cellular Data, and allow the Fitbit app to background app refresh (background data usage.)
  2. If your an Android user, make sure that the Fitbit app has unrestricted data usage when using data saver. Also, check that you set the Fitbit app’s battery usage settings to unrestricted.

Also open your Fitbit app, tap your profile picture then scroll down to and tap Sense then tap gallery. Scroll down to weather and tap it. Look at your permissions. Make sure you toggle on Internet, Location, and Run in Background–these are necessary for the app to run properly. Go back to the previous screen and choose Settings. Under Temperature Unit, tap Unit to select what you prefer: Celsius or Fahrenheit. Under List of Cities, you should see the current location, and if you wish to add locations (up to two), choose Add city and then enter the city name or zip code. Now sync your Sense to accept the changes. 

😃Please let me know if this provides you with the best answer. Let me know

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer

You so very welcome @daltonio ! 😃 I’m happy I was able to help! Enjoy the rest of your evening and Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the weather is nor syncing, check the face of your sense. If you see a phone icon with a slash, you have a BT connection issue. 

For me, I often see this sync message, and noticed that the weather app all ready requested a sync, I assume that there was a delay in response, since within 5 seconds, I see the weather. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i Did all what you said  still no sync the weather i think i will return the watch to fitbit  thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner - just in case you missed a few steps to remedy the issue.

Did you restart the watch, and logout of the Fitbit App and restart the phone and sync?

Did you also try removing cites from the Weather app Settings?

If it is weather built-in your clock face try it's settings or another clock face.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes