Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Fitbit Lab Pets always leave?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

no matter how many treats I have banked up, met my goal and exceeded....the darn thing still runs away every morning. Its kinda irritating. It would be way cooler if it would stay since you fulfilled its needs. Even better if your extra steps was able to buy it something a a toy or something.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I suddenly have 4 boxes at the top and have no clue what they do. Also my bone circle is flashing and has a 9 in it but it wont let me feed it. raaawr

Best Answer

Hey there @Bunnybear_05 @RedHeadedMomma, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Fitbit Pet is a third-party app that doesn't belong to Fitbit, the way it works is according to the developer in charge (including its features). Although we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form.

Are you talking about the hearts on the screen @RedHeadedMomma? As you progress through your steps each day, you will see the number in the bottom right corner count up. Tap on that area any time it’s more than zero, and a little food bowl comes out to feed your dog or cat. You have to earn enough of those treats to feed him 5 times each day or the next morning the doghouse will be empty. If you tap on the envelope in the dog house you will see a picture of your pet and a figure for the number of treats he wants. Once you have earned your treats tap on the little circle with the treat number earned and your pet will come back to you.

Something that I've noticed with this is that the steps that increase the number in the lower-right corner have to be steps you got on the Fitbit Ionic or Versa (depending of which one you have). If you have more than 1 Fitbit tracker, and you get your steps using your other one, and then sync both so that your Ionic/Versa reflects the updated step count, then the number in the lower-right corner on the Ionic/Versa screen with your pet will not have increased. The interactive clock face seems it only pulls step data locally, from the device (the tracker itself), instead of from the account.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Nope! These were boxes at the top. They had a colored border but clear
inside so the writing was hard to read, it was like "run" "sleep" "onb""add"

When I clicked "add" my bone count went up and flashed but I couldnt click
on it. Now I'm thinking it was a glitch
Best Answer
0 Votes

Naw. I fed the dog completely. Had two extra things of treats but couldn’t feed them to him cause he was “full”

I figured the dog would still be there in the morning. But instead I got a ransom  note like i didn’t complete the goal. 

I’m hoping that the developers see this post and address it. 

Best Answer

I am having this problem too!  I don't understand it at all, it makes no sense to have the pet be gone every morning even if you did everything right the day before.  Last night, my pet went to sleep full and I had 4 extra treats in the corner because I went over my step goal. But this morning, just like every day, the pet is gone and I have no treats.  

Best Answer

I totally understand you guys @Laurylin @Bunnybear_05 @RedHeadedMomma! As I said above, Fitbit Pet is a third-party app that doesn't belong to Fitbit, the way it works is according to the developer in charge. However, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form.

I'll truly appreciate your understanding with this. See you around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I’m having a similar problem to people above. I walked well above my goal yesterday and ended up not only filling all the hearts but having 5 spare. I woke up this morning and my cat was gone 🤷‍:female_sign:

Any know if there is something I can do to correct this or if I should just quit using the app?

Perhaps if if we talk about it enough someone from lab pets will notice and fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Btw I just updated my fitbit (it prompted me yesterday saying there was an update), and this issue was fixed! The kitty was still there this morning when I woke up! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me yesterday after I updated!  But today was back to the same old thing - Luna was gone until I earned 5 treats today.  Argh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out, @RedHeadedMomma? Because I got this a few times too and the only thing that would get rid of them was to reset my watch. I didn't even think that it could be related to the clockface! But that makes a lot of sense. 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer