Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp App won't pick location

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I open the yelp app on my new Versa and it says i don't have permissions enabled to pick up my location. I open the yelp app on the FitBit app and the settings have everything enabled. I tried removing and reinstall the app and also restarting the Versa and nothing works. Any ideas? Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi folks. 

Just wanted to jump in here to announce that a new version of the Yelp app (v. 1.0.4) was released this morning which should help with the location issues mentioned in this thread. If you haven't done so already, I recommend updating your app or reinstalling.

As a reminder, please be sure that you have permissions enabled, keep the Fitbit app running in the background for the app to access the internet, and location services enabled. With that, you should be back up and running. 

Feel free to let me know if you run into any additional issues. Thanks!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome on board @TB1479, it's nice to see you here! Man Very Happy Thanks for the steps you've taken in order to sort this out, nice way to go! Robot Very Happy 

1. In order for apps to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. Many apps require internet access, such as Nest, Clue, Uber, The New York Times, Walgreens, Yelp, Surfline, and Flipboard.
  2. Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.
  3. Check if the app has a pending update. For instructions, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?
  4. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  5. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  Executed all of the steps in your post @MarreFitbit to no avail. Bluetooth is connected. Sync All Day set. All permissions for Yelp granted.  WiFi connected. Still says "not Enough Permissions. Please allow internet and location access in the App Gallery"

Best Answer

I tried all of these steps and the error persists. Says "Couldn't locate you. Check your Fitbit App Gallery Permissions." GPS, Bluetooth, etc is all ON.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @egbreder! If you see the Yelp app listed under the 'My Apps' tabs but the update did not resolve the issue. I recommend scrolling down and tapping the 'remove' button and attempting a fresh installation. 

If you are getting stuck during the installation process, please let me know where and provide a screenshot if you can. 

I'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I have tried a fresh installation several times and each time grant all permissions.  Does not work.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @billadelphia and for trying my suggestions! Can you please provide a screenshot showing the error message you're getting?

Looking forward to you reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Tried reinstalling several times, checked permissions.... I just gave up. 

Best Answer

When I click on the app on FitBit, it says "searching for locations in your area."  It then says   "Not connected.  Please sync w/ FitBit app."  Then I sync. and it says "Not enough permissions.   Please allow internet and location access in the app gallery."   When I installed, Yelp has ALL permissions possible.  This app simply doesn't work!

Best Answer

@billadelphia I hope you're doing well and welcome to the Fitbit forums @egbreder. Thanks for sharing what you are experiencing with the Yelp app.

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it? Once you have done this you could try enabling all the permissions once again: 

2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
  4. Tap or click Permissions.
  5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
  6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of this and the same error occurred. --

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Hey there @egbreder, thanks for stopping by and for trying the suggestions recommended! Can you please make sure you followed every single step I've posted here

Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps, ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything suggested it only goes as far as searching.  Before the iconic upgrade it worked perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Senseimaria, thanks for jumping in here! Also, thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience with the Yelp App. 

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue with my versa. I have done all of the above steps many times.

Best Answer

Welcome here @cklimas! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with the Yelp App, nice way to go!

Since we've exhausted all the possible steps in order to sort this out, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. I have troubleshooted using every step listed on this thread more than once. I agree, the app simple does not work. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue too. 

Best Answer
I'm still having the same issue! They tried to help me but I think I did all the steps, but maybe I missed something!

Maria
Best Answer

Hello guys I am trying to search places in the Yelp app on the ionic but it says I don’t have internet.  Does the ionic need to be constantly connecting to a WiFi or can it get the data from my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes