Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp App won't pick location

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I open the yelp app on my new Versa and it says i don't have permissions enabled to pick up my location. I open the yelp app on the FitBit app and the settings have everything enabled. I tried removing and reinstall the app and also restarting the Versa and nothing works. Any ideas? Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

It will use your phones Internet connection via Bluetooth. Confirm that Bluetooth is turned on in your phones settings and that your Ionic is syncing correctly. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes both Bluetooth and sync are working.  When I click the yelp app it stays on searching for locations in your area.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. 
Bluetooth is on, but all the watch shows is Searching for locations in your area. 
Looking at the Yelp app on my phone, it is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. With wifi it simply says Search for locations in your area and it doesn't come back with any results.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not for me yet either😞

Maria
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue 

Best Answer

Hello everyone @Ycass@Senseimaria, @SunsetRunner, @TB1479, and @motionman! Sorry for the late response. I'll be glad to continue assist you all.

I'd like to provide you the following steps to see how it works.

• Restart your watch to refresh it by following the steps in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure that you are using a fully tested mobile device. For details check http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
  • Please force quit the app from your phone.
  • Remove the Versa/Ionic to the Bluetooth list.
  • Uninstall the app.
  • Turn Off and On your mobile device.
  • Install and open the app.
  • Check the WiFi or internet connection as well as the battery level on your devices. For details check How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Your mobile device isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. Check that there is no interference with other Bluetooth devices. 
  • Make sure that your Versa/Ionic is not linked to a different mobile device and add it to the Bluetooth list.
  • With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  • Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  • Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install (in this case Yelp), tap or click it.
  • Tap or click Install.
  • Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.
  • Some apps also require "Location Services" to be enabled for the Fitbit app, please make sure you have them on by reading these instructions.
  • For further details you can see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks. 

Just wanted to jump in here to announce that a new version of the Yelp app (v. 1.0.4) was released this morning which should help with the location issues mentioned in this thread. If you haven't done so already, I recommend updating your app or reinstalling.

As a reminder, please be sure that you have permissions enabled, keep the Fitbit app running in the background for the app to access the internet, and location services enabled. With that, you should be back up and running. 

Feel free to let me know if you run into any additional issues. Thanks!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

tried the update and uninstalling and reinstalling and has all permissions checked and still location issues.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for letting me know. I will forward this feedback to our team. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Ummmm my yelp keeps saying the  it couldn't locate MMe even though I added everything and checked it

Yelp won't work

No matter what it won't work

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
Same here...😟

Maria
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bwsfrj @Senseimaria Welcome to this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the issues that you are experiencing with the Yelp app.

I'd like you both to follow the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, please check out if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes